So, the symbols drawer stays open instead of going away after choosing one like it should. It did this before, then they fixed it, and now since the July update it's back to doing this. Can we fix this (again)? Or at least give an option if there actually are people who like it this way?
    08-03-17 12:21 PM
    I assume you are on KEYᵒⁿᵉ and beta software cause with my Priv July 5th AAM940 and non-beta keyboard V.2.7.0.11755 SYM closes after typing a letter or directly if you type SYM+letter together.

There was already another thread about it with beta software on KEYᵒⁿᵉ that's where my assumption is from:

/blackberry-priv-f440/pkb-symbol-layout-bug-after-current-update-1113213-post12969366/

And I just saw in another thread that now even keyboard 3.x is in the beta. I guess I have to wait a while when new finals arrive before updating and see if all is fixed, as I can't use the device in german with a broken SYM close function.
    08-06-17 01:00 AM
    No, not beta, just got the AAN355 pushed to my device...
    08-06-17 09:33 AM
    When the symbol keyboard is open, if u only need one symbol you can use its paired physically keyboard key to type it and this will close the symbol keyboard immediately.

But if you might need more than one, touch the screen keyboard to select the symbol and this will keep the symbol keyboard open. Or just push the symbol key again.
    08-06-17 10:29 AM
    When the symbol keyboard is open, if u only need one symbol you can use its paired physically keyboard key to type it and this will close the symbol keyboard immediately.

But if you might need more than one, touch the screen keyboard to select the symbol and this will keep the symbol keyboard open. Or just push the symbol key again.
    Perhaps this is the solution ^

On my Priv typing a symbol on the onscreen KB while having pkb open also let's the symbolpage stay open (which does not affect my pkb typing cause there I use SYM+[pkb-key] directly together (with two fingers) to get my Umlauts and then the symbolpage also closes correctly.
    08-06-17 04:55 PM

But what if I want to use the "&" symbol? Then, the virtual symbol keyboard stays open and I have to remove that myself. As I just got my KEYone this weekend thought this was normal yet odd behaviour. Glad to see it is a known issue, although a permanent fix would have been nice

Btw, is there a good way to reach out to BlackBerry regarding their BlackBerry Android support? They have a request support page on their website but I don't want to give my IMEI so easily to them. That email address [email protected] seem to be only used for automatic replies, don't think an actual person will monitor that account. That's just horrible...
    08-08-17 12:02 AM
    But what if I want to use the "&" symbol? Then, the virtual symbol keyboard stays open and I have to remove that myself. As I just got my KEYone this weekend thought this was normal yet odd behaviour. Glad to see it is a known issue, although a permanent fix would have been nice
    You can still use the keyboard short cut for the & sign, it's the J key.
    08-08-17 08:38 AM
    You can still use the keyboard short cut for the & sign, it's the J key.
    Eum, okay, how do you do that?
    08-08-17 09:00 AM
    Eum, okay, how do you do that?
    If you have a custom SYMPAGE tap SYM twice and the "J on the pkb".

If don't have a customise, just press SYM+"J on the pkb"
    08-08-17 05:08 PM

That's what it's supposed to do. After the last update it does not go away after you choose a symbol. Yes, I do it with the pkb, I try to never have to use the touchscreen unless I have to...
    08-08-17 10:30 PM
    But it's poor... does BlackBerry make money the more clicks you hafta do to get anything done?
    08-08-17 11:06 PM
    I like to keep it opens until I hit the symbol button again. I figured out you can make it close by simply turn on the "type by swiping" function, which is the main feature I use with the virtual keyboard. Without it, the virtual keyboard is useless to me. It might be a workaround solution for you at the moment but it's a ******* annoying thing to me.
    08-08-17 11:32 PM
    The new update is very buggy, even with the CAP button: 3.0.0.12173
    08-08-17 11:38 PM
    That's what it's supposed to do. After the last update it does not go away after you choose a symbol. Yes, I do it with the pkb, I try to never have to use the touchscreen unless I have to...
    This is what I experience too...
    08-09-17 01:27 AM
    But it's poor... does BlackBerry make money the more clicks you hafta do to get anything done?
    Lol, yes, apparently, they earn money per keystroke, haha.
    08-09-17 06:52 PM