Hello, I'm new to the forum, I'm a cybersecurity european student and i would like to know if someone has tried to uninstall bloatware (such as google apps, google play services and so on) using the ADB uninstall command (pm uninstall -k –user 0 ) on the blackberry KeyOne.
    Of course i could check this myself, but i won't buy the phone if there's no possibility to de-google it (no reason to have phone protected from the outside when biggest threats come from the inside and are forced to stay inside).
    10-04-19 07:06 AM
    'm a cybersecurity european student and i would like to know if someone has tried to uninstall bloatware (such as google apps, google play services and so on) using the ADB uninstall command (pm uninstall -k –user 0 ) on the blackberry KeyOne.
    Some info here - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ethod-1168996/ from @chetmanley
    Sbatushe likes this.
    10-04-19 10:57 AM
    Hello, I'm new to the forum, I'm a cybersecurity european student and i would like to know if someone has tried to uninstall bloatware (such as google apps, google play services and so on) using the ADB uninstall command (pm uninstall -k –user 0 ) on the blackberry KeyOne.
    Of course i could check this myself, but i won't buy the phone if there's no possibility to de-google it (no reason to have phone protected from the outside when biggest threats come from the inside and are forced to stay inside).
    Without root, you can't uninstall unfortunately, but it will make the apps inaccessible to the current user.

https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...ot-access/amp/

"Applications truly aren’t being fully uninstalled from the device, they are just being uninstalled for the current user (user 0 is the default/main user of the phone). That’s why, if you omit the “–user 0” and “-k” part of the uninstall command, the command won’t work. These two flags respectively specify that the system app will only be uninstalled for the current user (and not all users, which is something that requires root access) and that the cache/data of the system application will be preserved (which can’t be removed without root access)."
    10-04-19 11:01 AM
    Without root, you can't uninstall unfortunately, but it will make the apps inaccessible to the current user.

https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...ot-access/amp/

"Applications truly aren’t being fully uninstalled from the device, they are just being uninstalled for the current user (user 0 is the default/main user of the phone). That’s why, if you omit the “–user 0” and “-k” part of the uninstall command, the command won’t work. These two flags respectively specify that the system app will only be uninstalled for the current user (and not all users, which is something that requires root access) and that the cache/data of the system application will be preserved (which can’t be removed without root access)."
    You should be able to omit the -k flag to get rid of the app(s) cache and the command will still work. I never use it when I'm de-bloating. Not sure if this applies to anything BlackBerry and TCL modified, however.
    10-04-19 11:22 AM
    You should be able to omit the -k flag to get rid of the app(s) cache and the command will still work. I never use it when I'm de-bloating. Not sure if this applies to anything BlackBerry and TCL modified, however.
    Without root, you can't omit the -k flag.
    10-04-19 11:23 AM
    Without root, you can't omit the -k flag.
    That must mean someone mucked around under the hood.
    10-04-19 11:27 AM
    Thank you! at least i can disable them
    10-04-19 03:42 PM