I've had the KeyOne as a work phone for about 3 weeks now and love it. However, starting last week, I noticed that I had to charge it multiple times each day during use and that my phone would almost never make it through the night. As a result, my alarms have not gone off (because the phone was dead), so I've missed one flight and several conference calls across the pond.

I do not use this phone for anything except communication and occasionally a few very safe websites, like CIA world fact book, energy information administration, trading economics, etc. I do not use any media app or music player and as I'm sure you deduced from my website picks, I have no use for social media LOL.

Screen shot from last night while the phone was not in use:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/12_l_g9goVyDxuR62IaXGInNSHOFKk-Yp/view?usp=sharing

As you can see from the link above, the Android System is using 41% of the battery, Media (not even sure what this means) is using 37%, draining roughly 10% of the total battery every hour. Prior to this test, I tried removing the SD card completely, as it had old photo's and information from my last 3 androids. I've also used the battery optimizer on every application that I was allowed, and used DTEK to stop any sketchy services that seemed unnecessary.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    12-22-17 09:05 AM
    I've had the KeyOne as a work phone for about 3 weeks now and love it. However, starting last week, I noticed that I had to charge it multiple times each day during use and that my phone would almost never make it through the night. As a result, my alarms have not gone off (because the phone was dead), so I've missed one flight and several conference calls across the pond.

I do not use this phone for anything except communication and occasionally a few very safe websites, like CIA world fact book, energy information administration, trading economics, etc. I do not use any media app or music player and as I'm sure you deduced from my website picks, I have no use for social media LOL.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12_l...ew?usp=sharing

As you can see from the link above, the Android System is using 41% of the battery, Media (not even sure what this means) is using 37%, draining roughly 10% of the total battery every hour. Prior to this test, I tried removing the SD card completely, as it had old photo's and information from my last 3 androids. I've also used the battery optimizer on every application that I was allowed, and used DTEK to stop any sketchy services that seemed unnecessary.

Since it is from work, did you talk to your IT people? I have noticed that when there have been server issues at my work, the battery on my Q10 would drain faster (perhaps because it was constantly trying to communicate). Regardless, maybe start there? Also, do you have work apps in use?
    12-22-17 09:50 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12_l...ew?usp=sharing

First thing, have you tried a full reboot which may kill some errant process?

Restart/reboot method

Press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds ignoring any screen logos/etc and ignoring any vibrations or sounds. This is supposedly equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/

The other day someone posted that if they saved a web-link to their home screen (I've not done that. But I gather you can be browsing and say you want to save a link to your local TV, you can save it to the home screen as an icon). That some of these links were live/active or whatever and were actually refreshing constantly even if not called upon - I guess particularly, if the site contained ads that were refreshing. The user thought it was shown as Android System/services.

Next, any new apps you have installed? Are you having any signal carrier problems?
    12-22-17 12:03 PM