Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    On 4.2.1 on my Blackberry, if I used MEdia Net to browser nothing was content blocked.. if I used the Internet Browser or Blackberry Browser, it was content filtered.. meaning websites would not appear and my company's content filtered page would appear..

On 4.5BETA which I installed on my 8800..now the MEdia Net is coming up as content filtered and the Internet Browser isnt..

I know the data in/out of a BES activated device goes through the BES itself which would account for why it's being filtered..

is there any way to unblock this content? I'm my company's BB admin, and I have access to the active directory, so if I need to make any changes, I can.. I just need to know how I can fix this.. It's lame that our Blackberry's are being content filtered and not our Treo's..

We use an AD authenticating blackberry account.. does data going in/out authenticate to that AD account or my own?
    Last edited by sniffs; 04-16-08 at 04:20 PM.
    04-16-08 11:25 AM
    Hi Sniffs,

I too am having the same problem with my new Storm. My company's firewall is blocking me from "filtered" sites. Did you ever find a work around?

Thank you!
    05-07-09 10:59 AM
    Since that post, I've gotten vastly familiar with the inner workings of BES/AD and Exchange.

Your "blackberry" account, besadmin or whatever the account you used to setup the BES with, is what is being used to authenticate through, in my company's case, websense.

I added the blackberry account with full privledges to Websense, and no more block. =)
    05-07-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD