Is there a way I can allow our company Blackberry's to bypass our coporate firewall and not have to use Proxy to access the web?
    10-05-09 01:51 PM
    Here is something I tried and was able to get out on the web a bit more.

Options / Advanced Options / Browser

Change Default Browser config from BlackBerry Browser over to Internet Browser.
    10-05-09 02:25 PM
    The available options under Advanced Options -> Browser depend on a two things - the services provisioned by RIM (controls whether internet browser is available) and the IT Policy (controls where internet browser and your carrier WAP browser are available).

Assuming you have multiple options available then:
    * Blackberry Bowser - goes through the BES and the MDS Connection service
    * Internet Browser - goes through RIMs infrastructure and out to the internet from there
    * Carrier WAP Browser (e.g. Orange World) - goes straight out to the internet over your carrier/mobile network infrastructure
    10-07-09 09:13 AM
    With the increase in BESX deployments, I wanted to bump this thread as I can't be the only one dealing with this at the moment.

The fix above worked perfectly for me to get around the Web Blocker service on my Watchguard Firewall.
    08-13-10 09:41 AM
    Is there a way I can allow our company Blackberry's to bypass our coporate firewall and not have to use Proxy to access the web?
    06-18-15 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD