Hello,

I've downloaded BES Express and attempted to install it without the use of exchange and fail to bc its looking for the MAPI.dll files found from exchange.

My question is why do you need a messaging platform from the get go?

Our company uses Googles enterprise services to host our email system. We did this to move away from Exchange.

Google has released a BES connector for its enterprise services to connect with the new BES 5.0 servers. Does anyone have a method to install the BES server and use the Google connector w/o the use of an exchange license?
    03-11-10 06:42 AM
    BESx is for a small organization that has their own Exchange system and as I understand, it's for Exchange only.

Yes it's just like BES but without all the features that small group may not need or ever use and marketed to the largest plateform they can see which is Exchange.

Who knows, perhaps there will be a future version of BESx that will tie into Google but for now it's only for the MS masses.
    03-11-10 10:49 AM
    Google has released a BES connector for its enterprise services to connect with the new BES 5.0 servers. Does anyone have a method to install the BES server and use the Google connector w/o the use of an exchange license?
    Ask Google?
    03-11-10 12:14 PM
    Well you also then went out and obtained a copy of an Operating system for Apple computers called OSX... and tried installing it on your Dell laptop and it didn't work.... The disk read but then you asked why is this Mac Operating system looking for Apple Hardware... and posted "Why doesn't Apple make there operating system work on my Dell? They are horrible!"

Try google sync... I'm still in shock about the OP's post.
    03-11-10 02:32 PM
    Sorry but I have never posted other than this thread... You must be mistaken...

Well you also then went out and obtained a copy of an Operating system for Apple computers called OSX... and tried installing it on your Dell laptop and it didn't work.... The disk read but then you asked why is this Mac Operating system looking for Apple Hardware... and posted "Why doesn't Apple make there operating system work on my Dell? They are horrible!"

Try google sync... I'm still in shock about the OP's post.
    03-12-10 06:15 AM
    Sorry but I have never posted other than this thread... You must be mistaken...
    It went over your head didn't it.

It's an analogy. Google released a connector. BES needs Exchange. It's not up to RIM to make sure that it works with the connector. If you have issues installing BES with the connector, blame Google.
    03-12-10 08:51 AM
    BESX (Express) was built to only work with Exchange so other platforms like Lotus ect. Won't work with it. You would need to get the full BES to have connections to other email systems.
    03-12-10 09:25 AM
    The BES platform was designed as a gateway between a company's internal mail servers and the BBs that are running outside of the company network. It wasn't designed to work with GMail because GMail is already outside of your company network.

If you are just looking for the management tools that BES provides, then you are seeing why BB and BES is preferred by businesses...
    03-15-10 07:38 PM
    It went over your head didn't it.

It's an analogy. Google released a connector. BES needs Exchange. It's not up to RIM to make sure that it works with the connector. If you have issues installing BES with the connector, blame Google.
    Way over... Thanks CanuckBB.
    03-16-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD