Hi there, I was getting ready to upgrade a bunch of my Blackberry Professional Servers from Service Pack 4.1.4 to 4.1.6 and noticed that the download from RIM is actually explicitly for full blown BES - not the Professional Edition.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is there an ETA for the SP to be release for the Pro Edition?

Thanks!
    07-22-08 10:08 AM
    07-31-08 07:57 AM
    Hi there, I was getting ready to upgrade a bunch of my Blackberry Professional Servers from Service Pack 4.1.4 to 4.1.6 and noticed that the download from RIM is actually explicitly for full blown BES - not the Professional Edition.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is there an ETA for the SP to be release for the Pro Edition?

Thanks!
    I am in the same boat and it will not work with BPS. Check out Blackberry forums for the discussion (I can't post a link because I am considered a noob here). The long and short is that it won't work and there is no anticipated release for a similar update to BPS... leaving SMB's like mine out of luck.

Bummer. There are some real nice enhancement in SP6, not to mention that is restores functionality of the ProcessMailDelay key that makes like so much more spam-free.
    08-07-08 02:52 PM
    Whats really funny about the whole this is BES and BPS are the same thing. My old key code for BES when they were giving away a 1 user copy of BES works with BPS....I wonder if I go back to BES if my BPS key will work there...I only need two users..........
    08-25-08 09:08 PM
    hi vzwtech07

did you ever un-install BPS and re-install BES?

my key was originally for BES and i wondered if you had any problems using BES after BPS with the same key

i havce downloaded the latest trail version of BES from blackberry.com and want to un-install BPS this weekend

thanks

jack
    09-12-08 11:03 AM
    Your right they are pretty much one in the same, but I am just in the throws of performing the upgrade from BPS to BES and have descrovered that you need the following application to do the upgrade, besx_upgrader_4.1.sp6.exe

With this file you run it and it walks you through the setup to migrate. Quite straight forward.
    08-28-09 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD