I recently activated a new blank Blackberry with wireless sync enabled. Not long after contacts became doubled on the Blackberry. I connected the device to Blackberry Desktop to clear the Address book to re-sync when I noticed there were 2 databases with Address Book - All containing double the contacts of Address Book. Has anybody else run into this issue? I've searched this topic with no experiences like mine.

Thanks for any help.
    01-14-09 08:49 AM
    No I haven't but in Address Book Options, there is a setting "Allow Duplicate Names".
    01-14-09 09:18 PM
    On 4.5 there are multiple address books. When I upgraded, it moved my desktop address book into "address book - all", making the desktop address book empty and unable to synch with Outlook. I resolved it by backing up the device and restoring it to an 8820 emulator with OS 4.5. You can download it from RIM. Then I synched the 8820 with the user's account. Next I plugged the 8320 back in went into advanced, under backup/restore and selected the device's address book - all and hit clear. This emptied the devices address book and then I finally synched and re-added the contacts to the 8320, only this time they transferred back into the correct address book. Hope this helps people because I couldn't find a solution for the life of me.
    01-20-09 12:03 PM
    I had the same problem and did something similar (but not exactly how you did it) and voila!

Thanks mattyass!!!
    01-21-09 10:45 AM
    I had the same problem and did something similar (but not exactly how you did it) and voila!

Thanks mattyass!!!

i have the exact same problem how did you solve it?
    you said you did something similar, what did you ?
    07-22-09 09:46 PM
    Hi Dave,

Here is what you need to do....

Take a Back Up of the Blackberry
    Sync the Address Book with Outlook
    Grab the Outlook Contacts and move them into a personal Folder (Create new folder Containing Contact Items)
    Then wipe the blackberry so it can remove all Desktop Address Books from the Device.
    Then Connect Blackberry go to Advanced of Back up and restore and restore back the Address Book - All ( only ) This will be recognized as the main address book.
    Sync again with outlook
    Once you have all addresses in your outlook merge them into 1 outlook contact list and sync back to blackberry.
    09-09-09 09:39 AM
    If I sync my Outlook with my Tour, will it wipe out the phone numbers in the phone. I don't have phone numbers in my computer's Outlook...just eMail addresses.
    09-12-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD