i have had the phone for 2 months, and in the last week, the battery is dieing quicker, i only have 3 apps installed, gtalk , bbm and bb traffic
    12-30-13 11:56 PM
    i have had the phone for 2 months, and in the last week, the battery is dieing quicker, i only have 3 apps installed, gtalk , bbm and bb traffic

If you REALLY only have those 3 apps added to the device, then my guesses in order of likelihood:

• GPS radio was "stuck on" after closing BlackBerry Traffic (GPS radio is a big battery killer)
    • BBM if you are a member of busy groups can sometimes get in a high battery drain state
    • Other variables

The usual fix for the first or second items is to restart the device.

Other variables could include poor signal coverage (Have you been traveling in the country? Changed carriers?) or cold weather.
    12-31-13 12:31 AM
    well, im not in any bbm groups, i have not been traveling, i get 3G all the time, the weather is kinda cold since its winter, i tried to upgrade the os, that dont seem to help, its all good, ill figure it out, thanks for your reply, maybe i need to let the new os settle in, and i have restarted a bunch
    12-31-13 12:45 AM
    well, im not in any bbm groups, i have not been traveling, i get 3G all the time, the weather is kinda cold since its winter, i tried to upgrade the os, that dont seem to help, its all good, ill figure it out, thanks for your reply, maybe i need to let the new os settle in, and i have restarted a bunch

You acted like nothing has changed but now you say you just updated the OS?

That's a huge change.

When you install a new BB10 OS it usually has a very high battery drain for hours or even several days afterwards. In fact I believe the notice that appears on the screen when updating now points this out.

Keep a charger close at hand and report back in a few days.
    12-31-13 12:57 AM
    i updated the os about 24 hours ago, hopefully this will help, ok, ill report back later
    12-31-13 01:02 AM
    either the o/s has settled in , or bbm was draining my battery cuz i uninstalled bbm, i have a feeling i know what yall will say.....
    01-02-14 04:30 PM
    either the o/s has settled in , or bbm was draining my battery cuz i uninstalled bbm, i have a feeling i know what yall will say.....

I think you forgot to mention something - are you saying the battery drain is gone now?

BBM can drain the battery in certain situations, in particular if you are a member of some very busy groups (or so it appears, in some cases), but when that happens to me a restart usually fixes it.

If you are running a beta version of BBM, then it is guaranteed to have bugs, some of which may drain the battery.
    01-03-14 03:02 AM
    You acted like nothing has changed but now you say you just updated the OS?

That's a huge change.

When you install a new BB10 OS it usually has a very high battery drain for hours or even several days afterwards. In fact I believe the notice that appears on the screen when updating now points this out.

Keep a charger close at hand and report back in a few days.
    Since he mentions BB Traffic my guess is he's on a Legacy device.
    01-03-14 03:05 AM
    Since he mentions BB Traffic my guess is he's on a Legacy device.

Haha, right you are - this is the 9720 forum.

That's what I get when I reply to "unanswered" threads and forget to check the section...
    01-03-14 03:10 AM
    yes, the battery drain is gone now, i think it was bbm, cuz this was not happening until i installed the latest version of bbm, and im not in any bbm groups, and tons of reboots didnt help
    01-03-14 08:08 AM
    do yall recommend using app resource monitor and battery saving mode?
    01-03-14 08:31 AM
    im running the latest os, battery is draining again, only app i have is bb traffic, drainage started 1.5 weeks ago, i tried wiping the phone and a new battery, that didnt help, any suggestions?............
    Last edited by clint128; 03-24-14 at 10:42 PM.
    03-24-14 10:29 PM