OS7.5 = Plan B

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-06-13 09:42 AM
    OS7.5 = Plan B

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    If that is plan B, we can bid BlackBerry farewell, right now.

And it seems that I was pretty right, considering this phone having old Hardware and being cheap.

Now I have to see if it has a majorly upgraded OS, and if it comes to "developped" nations.

Posted via CB10
    schmeat likes this.
    07-06-13 09:48 AM
    If that is plan b better to break up the company because it is no plan at all, it will be an attempt to hold share amongst the diehards using a new device which isn't really new in any meaningful way.
    07-06-13 10:06 AM
    Gives new meaning to the saying "everything old is new again.". Pick up leftover parts off the assembly floor and build a "new BB7 device."

Neither "new " nor "exciting" nor "refreshed" but certainly lipstick on a pig.

Seriously.....what are they thinking. The time and effort spent on this should have done to continued BB10 development.

What are they thinking.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-13 11:06 AM
    If that is plan B, we can bid BlackBerry farewell, right now.

And it seems that I was pretty right, considering this phone having old Hardware and being cheap.

Now I have to see if it has a majorly upgraded OS, and if it comes to "developped" nations.

Posted via CB10
    Something tells me this is not 7.2.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-06-13 11:10 AM
    Gives new meaning to the saying "everything old is new again.". Pick up leftover parts off the assembly floor and build a "new BB7 device."

Seriously.....what are they thinking. The time and effort spent on this should have done to continued BB10 development.

What are they thinking.

A lot of developing nations depend on the cheap blackberry data plans. BBRY is building this phone to supply those markets, bc they wouldn't upgrade to the bb10 due to data costs anyways.

BBRY is probably getting rid of old supply parts while also selling a phone that will continue to bring in service revenue for them.
    07-06-13 11:15 AM
    A lot of developing nations depend on the cheap blackberry data plans. BBRY is building this phone to supply those markets, bc they wouldn't upgrade to the bb10 due to data costs anyways.

BBRY is probably getting rid of old supply parts while also selling a phone that will continue to bring in service revenue for them.
    And I get that, had there not been several pronouncements of a "new" and "exciting" and even comments of a "BB7.5 device" then the reality after the hype would not have been so stark. This is not a next gen solution for people who want "updated BB7 devices", this is building a device out of leftover parts.

Again the hype did not stand up to reality.

07-06-13 11:31 AM
    I am not understanding --- why would BB resort to the old nomenclature that everyone ( yes , everyone) hated.
    Secondly, why reassign an old number?

http://www.pinoyexchange.net/jp/infinity/bb9720.html

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9720-a-348423/

Lastly, the previous news had reported that the "Blackberry Samoa" would use BBOS 7.2?

I am all in favour of using Blackberry design cues but this rehash is a waste of time.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    07-06-13 11:33 AM
    And I get that, had there not been several pronouncements of a "new" and "exciting" and even comments of a "BB7.5 device" then the reality after the hype would not have been so stark. This is not a next gen solution for people who want "updated BB7 devices", this is building a device out of leftover parts.

If the information I have now is true you're absolutely right, sad to say it, it's yet another missed opportunity by BlackBerry.
    07-06-13 11:36 AM

Ya I agree. They really need to lay off the hype building bc more often than not lately it's been outright disappointing.
    07-06-13 11:39 AM
    Holy smokes... we agree on something here in Crackberryland!
    07-06-13 11:41 AM
    There is definitely a nomenclature error.

Otherwise this is literally an old device running BB7.

http://www.commsense.co.uk/Blackberr...Original-p882/

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-06-13 11:43 AM
    Perhaps this is intended to be a "small Bold" like some of the older 96xx & 97xx devices?

But then I don't get the "path to bb10" thing.

Perhaps it's a Bold without trackpad & buttons?
    You maybe on to something here. It's a clever strategy for converting legacy die-hards into future BB10 buyers!

Using a process of acclimatization, BBRY will gradually release enhancements which gradually remove legacy features like custom notifications. The users won't even notice that after a year, they are running a stripped-down OS7 without the benefit of BB10 features. They will then be encouraged to upgrade to BB10 to take advantage of the new features. But here's the magic: when they do, they would no longer miss the old OS7 features! Happy customers!
    07-06-13 11:43 AM
    Tell her not to get excited, they managed to screw this one up too, you'll soon see how. It's more of a stepping stone to BB10 rather then what Legacy fans expect.
    I thought that the 9900/9930 were stepping stones.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-13 12:03 PM
    They should load qnx on it and make it look like the os 7.

Having the java based crashing slow responding os is pointless.

Why release os7 again?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 12:17 PM
    If this is true, it is literally back to the past and not ahead to the future.

07-06-13 12:29 PM
    If that is plan b better to break up the company because it is no plan at all, it will be an attempt to hold share amongst the diehards using a new device which isn't really new in any meaningful way.
    And the so-called diehards in developing markets like Indonesia aren't even die-hards. Their sole and only reason for selecting a BB device is cost (cheaper handset and cheaper data plans).

If this is aimed at them, those hardware specs will be up against low cost Android devices with better screens, cameras and processors and just like in developed markets, data costs are starting to come down.
    07-06-13 12:40 PM

What are they thinking.

Absolutely bang on. Why would the CEO waste his breath on this device during his quarterly announcements call and make it sound like a strategic move to bolster BBRY's future.

It smacks of a "grasping for straws" or "feeling your way blindly in the dark" strategy. So pathetic.
    07-06-13 12:43 PM
    You maybe on to something here. It's a clever strategy for converting legacy die-hards into future BB10 buyers!

Using a process of acclimatization, BBRY will gradually release enhancements which gradually remove legacy features like custom notifications. The users won't even notice that after a year, they are running a stripped-down OS7 without the benefit of BB10 features. They will then be encouraged to upgrade to BB10 to take advantage of the new features. But here's the magic: when they do, they would no longer miss the old OS7 features! Happy customers!
    Only BBRY can come up with that strategy. It would be like an aid organization starving famine victims to near death then making them feel happy by giving them scraps little by little.
    07-06-13 12:45 PM
    I thought that the 9900/9930 were stepping stones.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly. You'd have thought that the so-called "stepping stones" were laid before the BB10 devices were launched. This is akin to building a bridge after you've already crossed the river.
    07-06-13 12:46 PM
    OS7? No-no, this is too 'new' for me.
    Please please, Mr.Heins, release another OS6 phone and one more batch of those tablets with recessed buttons and bulged backs.
    Keeep Moving!
    Backwards.
    07-06-13 01:12 PM
    If this is true, it is literally back to the past and not ahead to the future.

On the road to nowhere.
    07-06-13 01:14 PM
    I never wanted a new BB7 device. I did not give in to the "new BB7" device so this is not disappointment of what this might turn out to be, I'd true.

I am just in absolute incredulity of what a horrible mess BlackBerry repeatedly puts itself in, of its own accord.

EOL the past, go on and COMMIT to a course of action for the FUTURE that IS the future.

I'm glad I've learned other platforms......that's the end of it for me. I'm moving ahead. With one foot in the grave and the other on a greasy banana peel, I have no confidence in BlackBerry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-13 01:54 PM
    No matter if we were fans of legacy or BB10, they were both under the same company. And that company isn't doing any of their platforms (legacy, 10, or PBOS) any good right now.
    07-06-13 02:11 PM
    No matter if we were fans of legacy or BB10, they were both under the same company. And that company isn't doing any of their platforms (legacy, 10, or PBOS) any good right now.
    Lol, divide and conquer, we've been conquered. Although I'll hold on to my BIS as long as possible.
    07-06-13 02:18 PM
60 123