Eh, as far as the specs on the new BlackBerry(on OS 7.1), It would be foolish for anyone to expect more.....especially with the unreleased BlackBerries around the corner. LOL. Maybe the new "FrankenBerry" will sell the millions upon millions that BB10 hasn't sold.......yet.
    Tens of millions, and that's just the Q10!

FrankenBerry has a nice ring to it, maybe bb can license the name from General Mills. Sometimes you have to think outside the box
    howarmat likes this.
    07-08-13 08:11 PM
    The processor is only one component, the rest of the 9900 is high quality materials, including the "new" material they invented for the Q10. You can't make the 9900 much cheaper but you can create a new phone from scratch cheaper.

At this point I have no interest in a high end phone, I've slowly got past that, give me a good dependable phone at reasonable monthly price.
    Funny how Apple and Samsung can drop the cost of their high end phones every year when the new models come out and demote the ones they replaced in price and still make money but BlackBerry is apparently using some super exotic stuff that doesn't allow them to do this.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    07-08-13 08:18 PM
    Tens of millions, and that's just the Q10!

FrankenBerry has a nice ring to it, maybe bb can license the name from General Mills. Sometimes you have to think outside the box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    h20work likes this.
    07-08-13 08:23 PM
    Funny how Apple and Samsung can drop the cost of their high end phones every year when the new models come out and demote the ones they replaced in price and still make money but BlackBerry is apparently using some super exotic stuff that doesn't allow them to do this.

Posted via CB10
    Devil's advocate time. Apple and Samsung are dealing in an economy of scale that bb could only dream of. No doubt apple uses high quality materials, but component costs definitely go down with the number of units purchased.

BlackBerry really should have taken a page from apple with the "s" models every other year. I would have bought a 9850S with upgraded specs wrapped in the same hardware. Instead I had to wait for the Z to come out long after my contract expired.
    07-08-13 08:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like them BB execs need to talk to them Apple peeps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    h20work likes this.
    07-08-13 08:27 PM
    That phone came in on a time machine from early 2010.
    07-08-13 10:43 PM
    What is the screeen size ? If it is 9900 sized then fine.
    Exactly the same as Bold 9900
    07-08-13 11:42 PM
    Exactly the same as Bold 9900
    Well a 2.8 inch screen would be OK for a device with a trackpad. So basically a down market 9900. They should just call it the B5 to be in line with the new nomenclature. Leaving the B7 for a possible 9900 upgrade ( wishful thinking for BD) or a C7 because it is pretty Curve like and leave the B7 for the Bold.
    07-08-13 11:54 PM
    Well a 2.8 inch screen would be OK for a device with a trackpad. So basically a down market 9900. They should just call it the B5 to be in line with the new nomenclature. Leaving the B7 for a possible 9900 upgrade ( wishful thinking for BD) or a C7 because it is pretty Curve like and leave the B7 for the Bold.
    Thought the specs leaked 480x360, which should put it in 2.44"/245 ppi Bold 97** territory.

Edit: The left convenience key looks alright, but that random bbm logo, i detest.
    07-09-13 01:31 AM
    Ugly!!!

I think the Bold series is still the prettiest!
    07-09-13 02:46 AM
    Thought the specs leaked 480x360, which should put it in 2.44"/245 ppi Bold 97** territory.

Edit: The left convenience key looks alright, but that random bbm logo, i detest.

• 2.8”
    • 480 x 360 resolution (HVGA)
    • 214 PPI
    • 24 bit Color
    • 4:3
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-09-13 02:50 AM
    now that's what i call a ****phone!
    07-09-13 03:02 AM
    I doubt this is the final hardware and final specs, hint: property of research in motion sticker

They'd be crazy to release it with 100mb free application storage, that would be like the 9700 on OS5

Edit: I'd still buy it come to think of it just to have the peace of mind of next day replacements in case of problems.
    07-09-13 03:17 AM
    • 2.8”
    • 214 PPI
    • 24 bit Color
    Ah I never noticed these specs were leaked as well, my bad. Which means this is an entirely new screen.
    07-09-13 03:20 AM
    • 2.8”
    • 214 PPI
    • 24 bit Color
    Do you know the battery size?
    07-09-13 03:23 AM
    That is the only thing that would have made sense.

Whatever.

I've got my Z10, I'll get my Aristo, and I'll jump on the iPhone 5S.

I've left 2009 behind me. this wouldn't tempt me even if it landed in AT&T tomorrow at $19.95.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Because you / we are accustomed to having the latest high end phones now?

My friend in South Africa is looking into getting a Q10. I told her that she will use more data than her current 9800. With the Q10 deal she'd get 350Mb per month and it'd cost R300 / �20 or $30 for an extra 150Mb that would still be pretty low for a data package without bis.
    07-09-13 03:39 AM
    Because you / we are accustomed to having high end phones now?

My friend in South Africa is looking into getting a Q10. I told her that she will use more data than her current 9800. With the Q10 deal she'd get 350Mb per month and it'd cost an extra R300 / �20 or $30 for an extra 150Mb that would still be pretty low for a data package without bis.
    If the Q10 uses data like the Z10 it would use that much data at idle, completely unusable.

On the other hand my wife managed a week roaming to US from UK on just 6mb, which is incredible with the amount of bbms and photos we've been sending to each other. (On her 9790 I mean)
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 07-09-13 at 04:06 AM.
    07-09-13 03:45 AM
    BB have unique opportunity having 2 OS's ...... continuing to support, sell and manufacture bb7 devices is a sensational idea and brilliant business sense. with bb10 now leading the charge to compete with IOS and Android BB can now do whatever they like with bb7 ... gut it and change it. this is no brainer for me ... id personally like to see a "9900-2" with the 9810's camera and huge battery ... these days the biggest complaint i hear from the IOS/Android business crowd is that "my battery is almost dead" and its only 2pm !
    07-09-13 04:59 AM
    BB have unique opportunity having 2 OS's ...... continuing to support, sell and manufacture bb7 devices is a sensational idea and brilliant business sense. with bb10 now leading the charge to compete with IOS and Android BB can now do whatever they like with bb7 ... gut it and change it. this is no brainer for me ... id personally like to see a "9900-2" with the 9810's camera and huge battery ... these days the biggest complaint i hear from the IOS/Android business crowd is that "my battery is almost dead" and its only 2pm !
    If this device has the Q10 battery it's already a winner with. 2-3 days battery life, switch to 2G and it can last a week as a messaging phone.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    07-09-13 05:12 AM
    If this device has the Q10 battery it's already a winner with. 2-3 days battery life, switch to 2G and it can last a week as a messaging phone.
    But sadly that won't be the case. According to the leaked images, it uses JS-1 battery, which if i remember correctly is 1450mAh only.
    07-09-13 06:00 AM
    Personally I think it looks pretty bad. Its like an unfinished curve
    You mean the leaked photo of an unfinished curve looks like an unfinished curve, that's a shocker.
    07-09-13 06:52 AM
    They will get hammered by the press and the markets at the official release of this device.
    Did nokia get hammered the other week when they announced a bunch of new candybar phones? This is exactly the same principle as that, providing an upgrade at a price point you cannot support with your main OS.
    07-09-13 06:53 AM
    I feel that BlackBerry could have at the very least updated the OS a bit. Even just a rejigging of the icons and other graphic changes would be better than rehashing os7.1.

Imagine someone's who has had a curve for the past two years with os7/7.1 buying this and being expected to have os7.1 for another two years. That's a total of 4 years unless they do update it later. That's a big ask.
    The point is that this device was able to be done with minimal resources precisely because they didn't waste time on pointless things like redoing the icons, we have not seen the actual software in action to be sure they have not made any other changes, but this will very much be nothing more than a nice spec increase for the 9320 end of the market.
    07-09-13 06:56 AM
    The battery cover ... for probably very little more it could have had the type of back cover the Z10 has. The same goes for the Q5. Again, just look at the build quality of the Lumia 520 by way of comparison. This is not a company that appreciates design.
    How many times do we have to deal with this, the devices always look worse in these early leaks and this one will probably be just the same, the back probably looks a lot better without the sticky plastic making those ridges seem more pronounced and this will probably feel fine in the hand and provide a bit of grip too.
    07-09-13 06:59 AM
    This phone is about cosmetics. The Q5 styling cues. Putting lipstick on a pig. If it had a 2.8 inch screen that would be a useful improvement for the Curve. Why call it a Bold and not a Curve?
    They haven't called it a bold, people are jumping to that conclusion based on the numbering when it could just as easily have been chosen to indicate it was somewhere between a 9320 and a 9790.
    07-09-13 07:01 AM
128 ... 23456