Hi all, first time post so forgive me if posted in the wrong area.

I purchased a 9720 yesterday, after owning a windows 8 phone for a few months. The proper keyboard is already proving so much easier to use for managing my work emails (I get a couple of hundred a day!!). I have noticed one annoyance though and that is the marking of emails as read or unread.

On my previous phones, a Nokia and an Iphone, if i read an email on any individual device (phone, tablet, pc) it would mark it as read on all of them. Im finding that if i read an email on my ipad or pc it is still flashing as unread on my BB. This is becoming annoying already as I am having to keep double checking email.

Is this something I will have to live with or can it be fixed? I was under the impression that if i used IMAP rather than POP for email then it syncs the reading state over my devices. I cannot find how to make the email to be IMAP though. I enter my email user name and password and it auto sets it up.

Any pointers would be very welcome.

Many thanks
    Carl.
    11-12-13 11:39 AM
    Hi Carl,

Welcome to the CrackBerry forums! We can get this sorted out for you. The thing I love most about my BlackBerry is how it's a virtual extension of my office - everything is mirrored - messages read at my desk and marked as read on my device and vice-versa.

What's your email provider? We can probably dig up the settings for you and run you through a "manual" account setup.
    11-12-13 01:25 PM
    Many thanks for the quick reply.

My business emails are running through domain.live.com, i use hotmail servers to manage emails for me@mybusiness.com (i do that to reduce spam). I know on my pc I used m.hotmail.com as the server but cannot find where to pop this on the BB.

Thanks again.
    Carl
    11-12-13 03:04 PM
    This is not something that I have really thought about but also a problem that I have on my personal email with my wife on Aol, it would certainly be interesting to see if there is a particular setting that will enable email status to be mirrored across devices.

Also, welcome to the 9720 club. Had mine 3 days (came from a 9320) but its great. Although similar, but better :-)
    11-12-13 05:56 PM