I am planning to buy this for my dad. His only needs are calls and messages. He currently uses nokia E71 which is already almost dead. So looking for a replacement with keypad and call buttons.

I dont think there will be ever a problem with calls and messages with this phone(correct me if I am wrong) But I am wondering what are the options to copy contacts to this phone?
    Gmail sync?? Vcf copy? Or any other ways?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-19 11:48 PM
    Hopefully you understand that these phones are several years past their official "end of life" and that the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) that they require to get email, BBM, and web browsing is almost certainly getting shut off early next year. Also, BlackBerry World (the app store) will be going away in January.

And given that these phones haven't been supported in a long time, getting things working starting from zero in 2019 is "challenging" at best. If you proceed with your purchase, make sure you do plenty of reading in the BBOS forums beforehand so that you know exactly what you are up against.

I haven't used a BBOS phone since 2012, so I'm not in a position to try to answer your questions myself.
    02-19-19 03:22 AM
    Hopefully you understand that these phones are several years past their official "end of life" and that the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) that they require to get email, BBM, and web browsing is almost certainly getting shut off early next year. Also, BlackBerry World (the app store) will be going away in January.

And given that these phones haven't been supported in a long time, getting things working starting from zero in 2019 is "challenging" at best. If you proceed with your purchase, make sure you do plenty of reading in the BBOS forums beforehand so that you know exactly what you are up against.

I haven't used a BBOS phone since 2012, so I'm not in a position to try to answer your questions myself.
    As I have already mentioned, only thing my dad uses is phone calls and messages. Do you anyhow think it will be affected later this year?
    When u used BBOS in 2012, how did u copy contacts?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-19 04:45 AM
    As I have already mentioned, only thing my dad uses is phone calls and messages. Do you anyhow think it will be affected later this year?
    When u used BBOS in 2012, how did u copy contacts?

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by "messages" ?
    02-19-19 11:05 AM
    Text messages!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-19 01:15 PM
    What are the options to copy contacts to 9720 ?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-19 01:15 PM
    Text messages!

Posted via CB10
    OK. That's called SMS.

You should be OK then with phone and SMS. But you won't get data without a BIS plan, and email push, and BBM won't even work over WiFi.

But if he's OK with that, great.
    02-19-19 01:18 PM
    OK. That's called SMS.

You should be OK then with phone and SMS. But you won't get data without a BIS plan, and email push, and BBM won't even work over WiFi.

But if he's OK with that, great.
    Yah....phone calls....text messages....thats the only thing he needs....

But do u know ways we can copy contacts to it?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-19 01:34 PM
    Yah....phone calls....text messages....thats the only thing he needs....

But do u know ways we can copy contacts to it?

Posted via CB10
    Both phones will work with Memotoo.com. It's free for 50 contacts or less. If you need more, subscribe for a month.

Sync Nokia E71 with Memotoo

Sync BlackBerry 9720 with Memotoo
    02-21-19 11:06 PM
    Both phones will work with Memotoo.com. It's free for 50 contacts or less. If you need more, subscribe for a month.

Sync Nokia E71 with Memotoo

Sync BlackBerry 9720 with Memotoo
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-22-19 12:15 AM