I bought a pre-owned Blackberry 9720. I go to email set up and all there is:
    'activated accounts, No accounts activated'

All that shows is 'email' and 'activation password'. There is no other option.

So I figure there is an IT policy in place. So far I have re-set to factory settings, twice and gone to:

options/device/device and status then scrolling to the bottom and typing 'buyr' it shows the IT policy as disabled.

I am still unable to se up another account. I have wifi active on the phone.

Any ideas how I can install an email account?
    01-11-18 02:15 PM
    You have a BIS Plan, resent your service books, logged into the providers BIS portal to setup the email?
    01-11-18 03:06 PM
    I think email setup over the phone had been possible since the OS 6 days (the 9720 has 7.1). It was an update to BIS some time ago that allowed this.

Of course, a BIS enabled data plan is required as Dx3 suggests. The carrier portal site is a way to find out.
    01-11-18 03:52 PM
    I think email setup over the phone had been possible since the OS 6 days (the 9720 has 7.1). It was an update to BIS some time ago that allowed this.

Of course, a BIS enabled data plan is required as Dx3 suggests. The carrier portal site is a way to find out.

Thank you both. I don't quite understand what you are suggesting but have Googled a BIS plan and think you mean I need to get my service provider's settings.
    01-11-18 04:38 PM
    Thank you. Sorted via my phone provider. Thank you both for being so quick and for the advice.
    01-11-18 04:54 PM