I have a 9720 running 7.1 which has been a great handset since replacing my old bold.

When I initially got my first blackberry a number of years ago with vodafone I had to set up an email account, and a username for the blackberry id. When I swapped to the 9720 I initially lost access to the email associated with the address / id. Vodafone were absolutely useless but thankfully through the old blackberry support forum someone at blackberry resolved the issue and got the replacement handset working as before.

I am now thinking that I should consider upgrading my handset to something like the KEYone. If i do would I still be able to access my old email that formed part of my blackberry id?

Hope this makes sense? Any advice would be appreciated.

Lee
    01-04-18 08:45 AM
    If you mean an old @blackberry.com, no you want be able to use that. Should have long ago migrated to an account that you can control and have access to.
    01-04-18 09:08 AM
    Thanks for the reply!
    I have a couple of email accounts which are the ones used mainly and also send to the phone. However the one that formed part of my blackberry ID ****@mobileemail.vodafone.net is still used.

I suspected I would loose access to the BIS / bolt on - pity as I would have liked to have kept the email.
    01-04-18 09:24 AM
    I think some ISPs now allow you to keep your "account" once you move on. But I remember when I stopped using BellSouth for dialup and lost my first email account.. Proable only sent two or three a month back then. But I learned no to use my current providers free email service.
    01-04-18 02:31 PM
    plan to stay with vodafone (for time being at least) but think this email is directly linked to the BIS / id and not sure if the android phones can access that?
    01-08-18 07:19 AM