What? why is everyone complaining...what would you guys had said if its priced low? That it will compete with the current line of BB10 phones? I think its good that they price it this high, so that they can sell more BB10 phone.
    How exactly would that work? A person interested in OS7 is for specific reasons, the most important of which is BIS. BB10 is virtually a non starter for them.
    08-17-13 01:55 PM
    People are not going to buy it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    08-17-13 02:01 PM
    This will be DOA, it can't even compete with Nokia Lumia 520 which retails at $100-$150.
    08-17-13 02:19 PM
    BB is still madly pricing its phone so high with no directions and proper strategy
    08-17-13 02:34 PM
    Hey Mat, how are you liking the 521? I remember you mentioning that you were planning on picking one up a while ago.
    dont have it yet. Will be here early next week
    Saiga likes this.
    08-17-13 02:36 PM
    Looks like you're an armchair career counselor. Put your money where your mouth is and apply for that job.
    Haha! Awesome retort! Well done!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:37 PM
    *Walks into BlackBerry building* "Hi, yes I would like to apply to be the CEO"

In all honesty, you don't have any concerns on how the executive team and the board is running the company? We should just be quiet? Cmon...this is what forums are for. And that's why there is a dedicated section for it. If you don't want to be part of it, then leave. Simple as that. You see the title of the thread. For those who want to air their concerns about BlackBerry, they can do it.

Posted via CB10
    I have lots. See other posts

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:38 PM
    Annoying how many armchair ceos this site has. I had no idea everybody in this forum went to school for business and at one point in their life has run a tech company.
    When you babble on about 'armchair CEOs', one would think the substantive CEO is actually doing a decent job with respect to pricing.

As a consumer in an emerging country, I can confidently tell TH that the pricing for the Q5 and the 9720 are incredibly brainless.
    dmlis likes this.
    08-17-13 03:18 PM
    When you babble on about 'armchair CEOs', one would think the substantive CEO is actually doing a decent job with respect to pricing.

As a consumer in an emerging country, I can confidently tell TH that the pricing for the Q5 and the 9720 are incredibly brainless.
    Maybe someone else will realize that the recent flooding of "armchair CEOs" to the CrackBerry forum is a result of BlackBerry's current management. You can be an acceptable armchair CEO as long as you provide substance and not just "Frank Boulben needs to be fired" Not all of them are bad.

And I agree, the pricing is awful. I can deal with the Q5 pricing, but the 9720?! That's just pathetic. The internals are from 2011 (9360 deja vu). It would truly baffle me if the device sells.
    08-17-13 03:26 PM
    I knew they'd find a way to screw this one up too. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
    08-17-13 03:37 PM
    I knew they'd find a way to screw this one up too. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
    Hey! We agree on something!

If they were going to release a low end BB7 device, at least price it according to: the markets that it will be released in, and the specs. And I don't think there is any doubt that this is a low end device.
    08-17-13 04:00 PM
    Belfast I am glad to see you back! what do you think this device should sell for and do you think they should have just lowered the price on the 9900 to fill this phones spot?
    amazinglygraceless and dmlis like this.
    08-17-13 04:22 PM
    What? why is everyone complaining...what would you guys had said if its priced low? That it will compete with the current line of BB10 phones? I think its good that they price it this high, so that they can sell more BB10 phone.
    No, just no. They wouldn't be competing with BB10 phones because they're completely different OSs. If you're still buying legacy OS phones, you WANT a legacy OS phone. The two are not interlinked. Pricing the "low end" phone at high prices is not a viable strategy to increase BB10 sales.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    08-17-13 05:31 PM
    The Q5 should have been $280, and the 9720 closer to $100
    08-17-13 05:55 PM
    i think bb is trying to do everything in there power to fail i really think they are looking for a buyer
    I think so.
    Blunder after blunder. This must be purposeful.
    Heins $50M hanging there.
    08-17-13 06:59 PM
    Could it be that being such a small company ( compared to many others ) that they don't have the buying power that gets parts cheaper and they have higher mfg costs?
    Because things appear to be so dumb, I always thought about this possibility.
    Or, they operate like a street merchant, and put a high price first to see if it sticks, then come down little by little to find out what price would work.
    Or, yet another possibility is that they really want a better revenue, and cross fingers after shooting for stars.
    Things are getting ridiculous. I know what "Micky Mouse Business" means.
    Rather than the 9720 for a blurred target market, if they released the 9900 upgrade, it would have been much better as it will sooth down frustrated and barking enterprise customers, who are the BBRY's core supporters. I scratched my head so much I am getting a bold spot.
    Last edited by xanadome; 08-17-13 at 07:38 PM.
    danprown likes this.
    08-17-13 07:17 PM
    This shouldn't surprise anyone given that BBRY has traditionally priced itself out of the market...
    ...Ever since other platforms proved that they could do more than BBRY.
    ...This is simply how we watch the company take itself out.
    Last edited by pythons; 08-18-13 at 11:27 AM.
    08-18-13 02:30 AM
    Belfast I am glad to see you back! what do you think this device should sell for and do you think they should have just lowered the price on the 9900 to fill this phones spot?
    This phone should be no more then �130, realistically should be �100 to regain some subscriber numbers, after all, they do make services money from the subscriptions. Right now I wouldn't buy it.
    08-18-13 05:08 AM
    The lumia 521 pretty much destroys it in value.
    And the Lumia 521 (like the low priced 620 as well) is very, very smooth. Nokia seems to be hell bent on carving out some market share at this price point - whether or not they can make any money in that budget market space remains to be seen but they are releasing some great products to make consumers notice the WP 8 OS.
    Etios and amazinglygraceless like this.
    08-18-13 07:27 AM

For heavens' sake, more of this BGR is the devil nonsense. BGR was not mentioned as the article posted did NOT use one single quote from the BGR article. It simply provided a redirect to that article for those interested. But having read the BGR article (did you?) I can not find anywhere in it this negativity you mention. A simple statement of facts (whether you like those facts or not) is not negativity.

But I'll let everyone else decide that on their own. This is the BGR article on the same:
    The BGR is the devil nonsense needs to stop. It seems like everything goes back to some perceived issue with Jonathan Geller. It's ridiculous.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    08-18-13 09:11 AM
    dont have it yet. Will be here early next week
    Let us know! I grabbed a 720 to try Windows Phone 7 back when rogers had it for $250 and I'm damn tempted to pick up and unlock a 520 at that price. It's insane!

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    08-18-13 09:13 AM
    Nokia seems to be hell bent on carving out some market share at this price point - whether or not they can make any money in that budget market space remains to be seen but they are releasing some great products to make consumers notice the WP 8 OS.
    Not to mention introducing people into the Windows Phone ecosystem. That just doesn't seem to be happening with BlackBerry 10 right now.
    08-18-13 09:22 AM
    This is just why I am so frustrated with the current management of BlackBerry. Who is that ***** allowing such a phone to be developed and sold for such a ridiculous price? Come on! We want this company run by capable individuals please!

Thor really wants to destroy this company and walk away with his 55 million bucks!
    08-18-13 10:33 AM
    This is just why I am so frustrated with the current management of BlackBerry. Who is that ***** allowing such a phone to be developed and sold for such a ridiculous price? Come on! We want this company run by capable individuals please!

Thor really wants to destroy this company and walk away with his 55 million bucks!
    Of course he does, and he will Rick Roll his way into doing it if he's not micromanaged!
    08-18-13 11:29 AM
    08-18-13 07:34 PM
128 ... 3456