I have been searching through these forums to see if i can find a download for the dimension L theme for my 8830 and i havent had any luck. is there anyone that might know where i could find one that will work for my bb. i wish the world edition came with it like the curve did.
    02-01-09 12:30 PM
    My 8830 WE has BB Dimension L as one of the stock themes. I thought that they all did?
    02-01-09 06:22 PM
    Yea i would check your stock themes harvey
    Go to options then scroll down to theme
    Click trackball and it will bring up all the themes
    you have on your device.
    A good site to check out for free OTA themes is
    "PimpMyBerry.com"
    02-01-09 07:17 PM
    PMB also has quite a few stock looking themes, some that are not so modified, almost appearing to have come on the phone.
    02-01-09 08:33 PM
    There is no L Theme on my WE. I got it over a year ago and i have sprint as my carrier. Well i guess if no one is able to help me find it its not a big deal. i am just waiting for sprint to get the Bold anyways haha.
    02-03-09 10:25 AM
    What OS are you running? The L theme is not available on 4.2. Upgrade to 4.5 and it is available.

Dave
    02-03-09 03:27 PM
    thats what it is then. i still have 4.2 thanks for the answer though so now i can just stop worrying. i dont really know how to upgrade mine, i dont htink sprint has 4.5 yet as an upgrade.
    02-08-09 07:21 PM
    I have been searching through these forums to see if i can find a download for the dimension L theme for my 8830 and i havent had any luck. is there anyone that might know where i could find one that will work for my bb. i wish the world edition came with it like the curve did.
    THe stock L theme is only if you have 4.5
    02-08-09 07:26 PM
    You can check out the blogs Bell has just released an 4.5. That you can download to your phone.
    02-08-09 07:27 PM
    L Theme came around with OS 4.3+.

you can install Bell's 4.5 or you can isntall a more recent beta version. Your choice.

But upgrading to 4.5 will give you the Dimension L theme, and allow you to use custom L Themes.
    02-08-09 08:17 PM
    so is the Bell version okay to use with a sprint phone? i just dont want to mess it up too much, but i will try that if people think its compatible. i noticed that there was an announcement that bell had a 4.5 version for the 8830 i just didnt know if that was okay for my bb. haha. i have had my phone for a year but i am still pretty unsure when it comes to software issues with blackberries.
    02-09-09 10:08 AM
    so is the Bell version okay to use with a sprint phone? i just dont want to mess it up too much, but i will try that if people think its compatible. i noticed that there was an announcement that bell had a 4.5 version for the 8830 i just didnt know if that was okay for my bb. haha. i have had my phone for a year but i am still pretty unsure when it comes to software issues with blackberries.
    I have the sprint 8830we and have Bells 4.5 running on it currently. I love it have no issues and the L theme works nice
    02-09-09 10:35 AM
    thanks! i will have to do that right when i get home from work haha

thanks for everyones help.
    02-09-09 10:36 AM
    Just delete Vendor.xml and you can install any 8830 OS you want as if it were an official OS from you carrier.
    02-09-09 05:23 PM
    So i actually did the update and deleted the vendor file. it worked and i liked getting the L theme BUT i went back to my old OS 4.2 because my battery used to last a good two days before it needed a charge but the upgrade must use up a lot more power because my bb died before i even got home from work. lame
    02-11-09 12:55 PM
    mharvey1,
    I have a sprint 8830. I too upgraded to 4.5.127. I too was experiencing a rapid loss of battery life. I pulled the battery, waited a bit, put it back in and everything is back to normal. Long battery life. The upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 is huge. I would try it one more time.
    02-11-09 05:13 PM
    strange that your battery died so fast. Do you have twitter, facebook, or a weather app pulling updates all the time? I get a good 26 hours on 1 charge even after loaded 4.5.0.127. It is like having a new BB again!
    02-12-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD