Alright so this is my first post and my problem is that I would like to add new themes to my phone but whenever I try I always get errors, I have no mini-usb plug and no data plan, the theme I'm trying to install has the .jad, .cod, .alx files and everything I should need.

I really would love to install new themes on my phone

phone:
    BB 8830 WE
    ver 4.2.2.123
    10-12-09 02:54 AM
    If you have no usb or data plan I'm not exactly sure how you are going to get it to the phone because you could do OTA but you need a data plan or use the app loader but you need the usb plug. You need at least one option.
    10-12-09 07:27 AM
    so in conclusion, I need to fix my phone or get a more expensive plan.

or to get a new phone
    10-12-09 01:20 PM
    is the usb port on your phone broken? or do you just not have the cord? blueyes is right, you can only do it through computer or OTA (data required). so yea, your conclusion is right. and most plans have a pay by the data usage deal, so if ALL you wanted was to install that one theme it wouldnt use up too much data..
    10-12-09 01:42 PM
    you could always load on to an SD card in a card reader
    then open the jad file via "Explore" from the media icon's menu. Browse to the jad and it will install.

Obviously you need a card, and card reader. But no USB for direct phone connection or data for OTA
    10-16-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD