Ok hello folks. I have searched this forum through and through and found no answers to my question. Not my first post and I too do not like the same question 40 times over.

I downloaded the .jad file from (NY Yankees 8800/8830 ZEN - Themes4BB.com | Free BlackBerry Themes) The download link is 8830 OTA only.

I added this .jad file to my media card. I opened media --> explorer --> media card --> themes (created folder) --> clicked on the .jad file ---> clicked on download and I keep getting this error message:

907 invalid cod file not found

This is driving me nuts. I have installed 50 themes without problems before this one. Please Help. Thanks!
    04-08-08 09:14 AM
    Just searched through some of the google search results and so far I don't see a solution for this issue.
    04-08-08 09:56 AM
    Um, yeah, you can't just run a JAD file locally unless you also bundle the COD files along with it. A JAD file is only a pointer for OTA install of what COD files to get. The theme file is an actual COD file.

So, with that said, to make it easier on you, just point your BB browser to the link for the JAD and you'll be able to load it. Otherwise you'll have to download the ZIP and extract/install it via Desktop Manager.

Again, JAD files are OTA install instructions and need to run from the BB Browser.

(note*: There is a way to put the JAD and corresponding COD files on the memory card in a folder, run the JAD from Media Manager file browser and get it to install, but it's not as easy as just doing the above.)
    04-08-08 11:09 AM
    JRSCCivic98 - how correct you are my man. The unfortunate thing is that there is no .zip file on that link. Though it's possible i just missed it. But, i did point my bb browser to that site and downloaded and installed the .jad Works like a charm and an awesome theme. Just don't tell me you're a Boston fan and we'll remain cool! :-)
    04-08-08 12:09 PM
    Just don't tell me you're a Boston fan and we'll remain cool! :-)
    Not a baseball fan, so you have nothing to fear.
    04-08-08 12:26 PM
    So jrsc, you can actually run the theme from the card if you create a folder and put it in the DM Media Mgr?? I've done both installs (OTA and Zip), but I thought you can't run apps/themes from the sd cards?? If running the themes from there is possible this would be outstanding because the flash wouldn't be burnt...
    04-08-08 03:08 PM
    No, you cannot install or run the actual theme onto a memory card, but you can put the appropriate cod file for the theme on the card and setup the jad file (location info for OTA install) to point to the parth of where on the card you put the cod and the installer on the BB will run the cod install. That's what I meant by my statements above.

Usually there's no reason to do such a thing, but a few people that opted to not have a BB data plan of course cannot use the BB browser to do their install of OTA software. So, in a case such as that, you kind of trick the system into doing an OTA install by getting the necessary files and putting them in the right place. It's more of a workaround then anything, but it works because it's no different then running the install from a network/internet location, except that everything is local on the memory card... that's all.
    04-08-08 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD