Well I updated my 8830 last night since desktop manager said there was updates available. So now the phone is v4.5.0.169.

My problem is that when I am using the bb browser and go to youtube the link to watch the video isn't responsive. I can click to my hearts content, refresh, close, reboot, and nothing seems to fix the problem.

I have no idea what to check and it's really starting to annoy me.

Any tips here?
    09-26-09 05:52 PM
    Too bad no one is responding to your post, as I, too, have this problem. Seems like most people running whatever flavor of OS 4.5 no long have this problem. That is, youtube videos load to the media player, first indicating some buffering activity, then playing normally. Problem as you describe it and I also have, is that the media player comes on screen, but no buffering activity and nothing starts to play; nothing will play even when clicking the Play arrow. I have the browser set to "Internet Browser" with all appropriate options set. Videos from other sites such as "vuclip" the old "Blue Apple" work fine as do many videos from news sites. So, I'm assuming some script isn't completing for the youtube site or perhaps something in the security settings on the phone created by "corporate" for a company phone. Ideas anyone?

Jeff
    09-30-09 11:42 AM
    Using bb browser and opera 5 beta both show the same problem. Click on the watch video link and nothing happens. Media player don't even try to load. Not sure what is going on. Be nice if someone could post a standard configuration.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD