Hi!

I'm new to Blackberry's and to this forum, and what would rock my world would be somehow taking my Yahoo! calendar and syncing that with my Blackberry calendar. So far I've tried exporting my Yahoo! calendar (successful) to my Outlook Calendar (successful) created a Yahoo! calendar within my Outlook calendar (so as not to sync my actual Outlook calendar, which is work related, and that was successful) but was not successful was the actual sync, because even though I selected only the separate Yahoo! calendar, it synced only my Outlook calendar, which I do not need or want in my Blackberry.

Is there an easier way to do get my Yahoo! calendar onto my Blackberry, without having to go through Outlook?
    01-09-09 11:29 AM
    I think I may have figured this out. Since Yahoo! is lame, I imported my calendar to my Google calendar, downloaded sync, and voila! Now my calendar is up to date. Thanks walrusd! You are AWESOME.
    01-09-09 11:59 AM
    First make sure you are using Blackberry Desktop Manager Version 4.3 or higher. Then go to Synchronize > Configuration. Click on "Configure Synch" and then "Choose." Pick Yahoo and make sure the "Synchronize" option at the bottom is selected. Now click "Options" and type in you account info and hit "Save." After all that you should be good to go. Since you mentioned Google, I think that is a much better calendar for what you are looking to do than Yahoo. Just my preference.
    01-09-09 12:12 PM
    I have a mac. How can i follow those instruction on the MAC version of Desktop manager?
    05-03-11 11:38 AM
    Hi!

I'm new to Blackberry's and to this forum, and what would rock my world would be somehow taking my Yahoo! calendar and syncing that with my Blackberry calendar. So far I've tried exporting my Yahoo! calendar (successful) to my Outlook Calendar (successful) created a Yahoo! calendar within my Outlook calendar (so as not to sync my actual Outlook calendar, which is work related, and that was successful) but was not successful was the actual sync, because even though I selected only the separate Yahoo! calendar, it synced only my Outlook calendar, which I do not need or want in my Blackberry.

Is there an easier way to do get my Yahoo! calendar onto my Blackberry, without having to go through Outlook?
    Ya know, it's a joke that you can't sync yahoo with the Blacberry (directly). Outlook grabs the Yahoo data flawlessly. So does my iPad (wirelessly). So... to sync that data with my BB, I have to sync outlook with yahoo (wired), then plug in my BB and run BB desktop. Then I perform a tethered sync, and finally... my BB has my yahoo data. My iPad got it almost immediately.

There's something terribly wrong with this picture, and I see my BB days numbered once my contract is up in july. BB was the trailblazer just a few short years ago, and now they're relying on the crumbs from other manufacturers.

Do they not know that there's more than corporate enterprise customers out there? , when EMC recently allowed iPhones to access their enterprise servers, I saw that as the begining of a slow death for BB.

I love my Blackberry, but they are really killing the golden goose. RIP.
    03-16-12 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD