I recently got my first smart phone, BB 8830. It's great to get the internet anywhere.
    My main interest is to get streaming radio on the thing. I have an XM account that allows streaming from XM using my account info.
    My son-in-law has a treo that I believe works with "XStreamXM". I can not load it into the BB.
    Any suggestions? Does the file have to be a certain type?

I also want to stream radio stations that might offer it.
    11-09-07 08:10 PM
    Be advised that streaming anything is pretty much against the TAC contract with Verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-07 09:10 PM
    I have XM radio in my truck. I thought since I already have an XM account that it wouldn't cost any additional. Wrong again! If I recall to stream XM on your phone is about $10 per month.
    11-10-07 09:44 PM
    I have XM radio in my truck. I thought since I already have an XM account that it wouldn't cost any additional. Wrong again! If I recall to stream XM on your phone is about $10 per month.
    Not exactly true. If you have a WMA-capable phone and an XM account you can stream using your XM user name and password. However I don't believe there's any way to do it with a BB. I used to stream XM all the time with my Q before I dumped that for the 8830 (best move I ever made, btw).

I know Alltel does have an app you can pay a 9.99 monthly fee for that allows you to stream XM on "regular" phones. Maybe that's the type of thing the poster is referring to.
    11-10-07 09:50 PM
    verizon...uhhhh...frowns...upon such activities..

it is explicitly stated in their terms and conditions you agreed to. if they figure out you are they can cut your service off...

I have xm also and wish i could but...

-db
    11-11-07 07:10 AM
    verizon...uhhhh...frowns...upon such activities..

it is explicitly stated in their terms and conditions you agreed to. if they figure out you are they can cut your service off...

I have xm also and wish i could but...

-db
    I read through all I could find on my agreement including, on-line and what I received from Verizon. I see nothing that explicitly tells me I may not stream on this phone. It tells me I have "Unlimited" data which is 5Gb So I figure if I am below that - I am fine. ? Still looking for the key to streaming - Blackberry Help!
    11-16-07 09:01 PM
    Actually, this is exactly true for AT&T Curve owners.
    11-16-07 09:38 PM
    The Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (ii) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (iii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or ...

taken directly from verizon wireless.com website under blackberry plans...

-db

sorry. i wish i could to...
    11-17-07 05:30 AM
    I don't know if this will help, but you could try using pandora radio instead of xm online.
    03-31-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD