I'm giving my World Edition BB to my friend to use in New Zealand as it is very expensive for them to buy it there. I was wondering if they can use it under Voda phone and have the data network working. My phone is a Bell one if that makes any difference. Basically they need to know if the data services will work with the phone there?

Thanks
    10-12-09 03:03 PM
    anyone got some insight?
    10-14-09 12:25 AM
    It should work on Vodafone NZ GSM network as long you get the phone unlocked. Google the following two topics:

How do I determine if my BlackBerry is "unlocked"? - BlackBerryFAQ

How do I unlock my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    10-15-09 03:22 PM
    Arrggghhh Bell Mobility doesnt have the code for the phone..what to do what to do...
    10-19-09 02:33 PM
    Arrggghhh Bell Mobility doesnt have the code for the phone..what to do what to do...
    I don't see why Bell can't give it to you. I'm sure they have a way to get a code. I just called Verizon and they gave me my unlock code over the phone. If Bell refuses to give you a code, you could always pay a third-party for the code. cellunlock.net claims to do it successfully for $30 CAD (use code "crackb50")...
    10-19-09 10:08 PM
    would the phone not work if they had the same band and used a sim card from NZ?
    10-22-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD