Howdy,

I have an 8820 through T-Mobile and I am on a Mac Platform with no PC availability at all. Do you know if T-Mobile will do the upgrade or is there somewhere you can go to have it done? I am in the Beaverton, OR area.

Thanks in advance for help!! -Boomer
    08-03-08 12:53 PM
    You have to download the new OS onto a PC and load it through the desktop manager. The carriers cannot just automatically upgrade your OS.
    08-03-08 12:57 PM
    You have to download the new OS onto a PC and load it through the desktop manager. The carriers cannot just automatically upgrade your OS.

Correct and there are allot of reasons why they leave it up to you to do it... one you have to have the os ps n you pc to add more applications later on. or even remove stuff.....

Also if they were to install the os, you wouldn't have the choice to remove anything you don't want on there. hence going back to them, which would be a pain for you and the vendor.....

Also if you want to put themes and software that is not OTA you need desktop manager and also your device os installed on you computer...
    08-03-08 01:05 PM
    Your best bet would be to use a friends PC

I am actually a Mac User and I run Windows XP Pro SP3 under VMWare Fusion! This is great for all my BlackBerry management and upgrading!
    08-03-08 01:17 PM
    It's a PC world get over it apple fanboys
    08-09-08 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD