Tried a search, but didn't see the answer.
    I have 2 8800's coming in that I bought for my kids. They are currently on AT&T Go Phones and I was wondering if I will be able to just use their SIM cards and continue on with the prepay plan? They won't be using the web, but wanted the phones for easier texting. The 8800's are AT&T phones, BTW.

Thanks!
    07-13-09 01:54 AM
    I have a 8820 on Tmobile prepaid(flexpay). I have data, but the phones should work fine in my experience without data..Good Luck..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 10:34 AM
    I picked up an 8800 from ebay just to try it out.
    I plugged in my 'pay as you go' Rogers sim card and it worked fine. No data services of course.
    07-13-09 10:52 AM
    Thanks guys, I figured it should work, but just wanted to be sure.
    07-13-09 01:05 PM
    I just bought a unlocked cingular 8800 blackberry, i have a boost sim card will this work? Boost said something about the imei number should start with 00 or something? I really like this phone is there anyway to get around this? should i just put the sim in and see if it works? PLEASE HELP SAP
    07-14-09 06:26 PM
    jodyfla 06:26 PM Today -- [Reply] [!!] I just bought a unlocked cingular 8800 blackberry, i have a boost sim card will this work? Boost said something about the imei number should start with 00 or something? I really like this phone is there anyway to get around this? should i just put the sim in and see if it works? PLEASE HELP SAP.

Try it!! If you need the imei # do this: options>status. You will see the imei,PIN# and other info there, it wasn't required for me on tmobile but that's them, boost may have different rules. It won't hurt to pop in the sim and see what happens, worst case: no service..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bkir72; 07-14-09 at 07:35 PM.
    07-14-09 07:32 PM
    hi

prepay will work if it is unlocked (Unless u want to stay with the provider) but no data services.

Web may also work as long as the prepay sim allows but data services like puch email messengers etc will work only with a data contract plan!

cheers
    08-12-09 12:08 AM
    I just bought a unlocked cingular 8800 blackberry, i have a boost sim card will this work? Boost said something about the imei number should start with 00 or something? I really like this phone is there anyway to get around this? should i just put the sim in and see if it works? PLEASE HELP SAP
    Unfortunately that will not work because Boost is an iDen network and Cingular is GSM.
    08-12-09 08:46 AM
    Phone will work, but you need BIS for data.
    08-25-09 02:55 PM
    Whats the point of a BB without data? Fashion over Function?
    08-25-09 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD