This is my third problem this week on my new 8820. Yesterday i bought a new router and hence wanted to connect my BB with it. As soon as i press connect, the phone reboots. To make it worse, it goes in an infinite loop as everytime it is up, it tries to reconnect and in turn reboots. So i removed my router and then phone started. I could then connect to my neighbours wifi as a test (unsecured one) which worked perfectly.
    Now the state is that even the phone does not work, i get SOS written with sim card errors being displayed!

I even removed the battery but no effect. I think RIM was a bit sooner in releasing 8820. Should have stabilized it a bit more. I think a wipe should get me back my phone but 8820 might be incompatible with my sitecom 300N router.
    03-09-08 03:43 PM
    I don't think any 802.11n router is supported by RIM. Pull out your battery and sim card, then place your sim card, making sure that it is seated correctly and the door is locked. Then reinsert the battery. If it still doesn't work, take your phone into your carrier and explain to them that you are having an issue with the sim card.
    03-09-08 03:52 PM
    I had exactly the same issue...wifi worked fine on 8820 with linksys router until I bought a new airlink plus 300n router. Now blackberry goes into endless reset loop when connected to wlan. I had to reload software to reset the device.

Did you call RIMM or your wireless carrier's tech support?
    03-18-08 08:01 AM
    When you set up your router were you able to enable it to have backwards compatibility with 802.11 B/G. I have not messed with any N routers yet and i have not received my 8820 yet either but it is just a thought.
    03-23-08 09:59 PM
    When you set up your router were you able to enable it to have backwards compatibility with 802.11 B/G. I have not messed with any N routers yet and i have not received my 8820 yet either but it is just a thought.
    We have a 300N at home that we started using this weekend. we have two 8820s, and no issues at all. We do have ours set up to use B/G as well because we have other non N devices on our network. we are also only using ours as a wifi point, not for anything else.

Try that and see how it goes.
    03-25-08 01:05 PM
    Make sure your new router has B/G Compatibility selected so it'll respond to your Blackberry.
    09-04-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD