09-30-09 08:35 AM
83 ... 234
tools
    I love my BB 8830 WE, as well! I just downgraded from the BB Storm to this. And boy! I'm sure glad I did. Yes the app memory is going to kill me but it just makes me more concious of what I'm downloading and putting on the device.

I was going to get the Tour (9630) but was in fear of having Trackball issues with it, and trust the near %50 returned rate RIM's facing didn't help! :-(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 07:54 AM
    I'll have to say that after listening to other BB owners having props for their models, yet there's always a "can't do (so and so)". Some have wi-fi, others dont, some can handle the GPS Navigation but it sucks...blah blah- My Sprint 8830we does it ALL as an infomation-based device. No skips on streaming SprintTV, no skipping on Pandora, flawless & quick response on my turn by turns with Sprint Navigation, and so far no complaints with regards to late recieved (or transmitted) texts or emails. The dB rating for reception (for this phone) on the network eliminates my need for Wi-Fi, and my battery seems to hold up well with lots of blabbling, G-Talk, GoogleMaps (Latitude constantly updating locale), SMS, MMS, Five email adresses, Blackberry Messenger & TwitterBerry remaining idle in the background.
    Oh...and I go to sleep listening to Art Bell on FlyCast everynight.
    To me, the device looks professional as well. I don't need colored led's behind the rollerball, and I enjoy the larger screen.
    So there's my two cents-
    Cha Ching!
    -tom
    09-20-09 11:04 AM
    I just got my 8830 today and this thing is beast! I have had a pearl, curve, and storm, but nothing compares to this thing. I haven't had time to upgrade it so I'm still running 4.2(OMG! I know!). But I'm putting a hybrid on tomorrow with a new theme. So I'm pumped!

09-25-09 12:43 AM
    Words cannot describe my love for my 8830. I've treated it pretty rough, and gotten a few new ones every now and then, but I love it to death. I can't wait to give the S2 a try when it comes out, but in my books, there isn't a 'berry out there that can beat the WE. Sure there are 'berrys with more memory, faster processors, higher res screens, more modern OS's, but nothing can compare. In my opinion, this is the greatest cell phone out there. The size, the feel, the battery life, the dependability, durability and stability. It can't be matched. In short, and answer to the original title of this thread: Me.

K
    09-25-09 02:31 AM
    Well, I bit the bullet and traded in the 8830 for a Tour.

Let me say that the Tour is far superior in every way now that they're into the 3rd month of building them. I have none of the issues that plagued the early models. The hardware (especially the screen) and memory alone justify the upgrade.

Now that said, I cleaned my 8830 and have it stored for safekeeping. It will always hold a place in my BB history as a reliable workhorse that made me drop my jaw the first day I saw one
    09-29-09 02:45 PM
    Well, I bit the bullet and traded in the 8830 for a Tour.

Let me say that the Tour is far superior in every way now that they're into the 3rd month of building them. I have none of the issues that plagued the early models. The hardware (especially the screen) and memory alone justify the upgrade.

Now that said, I cleaned my 8830 and have it stored for safekeeping. It will always hold a place in my BB history as a reliable workhorse that made me drop my jaw the first day I saw one
    How is the battery life compared to your 8830?

09-29-09 08:48 PM
    i will upgrade to the Tour later on. right now im jst squeezing the life out of it. If i ddnt need 3G overseas then i would stay with my 8830, but as others did im keeping this phone (maybe tell my children to bury it with me at my funeral LOL). the 8830 has a place in my heart as my first BB
    09-29-09 09:20 PM
    Well, I have only had it for one full day...but I used it very heavily all day yesterday and still had over 50% battery at bedtime. I have not seen the limited battery life that some of the early Tour adopters experienced.

I'd say that the battery life is a bit worse than the 8830 though; my 8830would go 2 days without a problem even with a 2-year old battery.

So in summary, the Tour has very good battery life, but the 8830 has exceptional battery life...

How is the battery life compared to your 8830?

09-30-09 08:35 AM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD