09-30-09 08:35 AM
83 1234
tools
    I love this phone i juss bought it and i cant stay off of it. aha i love it so much that i txt people that i havent talk to in a while
    Oh wow, now that IS devoted. When you're texting people for no reason that you may or may not like. I haven't even done THAT yet. But we're getting there. Ha!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 01:32 PM
    Oh wow, now that IS devoted. When you're texting people for no reason that you may or may not like. I haven't even done THAT yet. But we're getting there. Ha!

aha i kno them but there the ones that like dnt really talk bout anything.... and yu should get there soon
    07-28-09 01:56 PM
    I completely agree. The 8830 looks so stylish yet professional. I'm not a big fan of the newer BBs the 8830 has a vintage look that is so classy and elegant! I absolutely love it!
    07-28-09 09:38 PM
    I completely agree. The 8830 looks so stylish yet professional. I'm not a big fan of the newer BBs the 8830 has a vintage look that is so classy and elegant! I absolutely love it!
    i agree with you 100%....the 8830 BB is just so comfortable to use...and has the professional look
    07-28-09 09:50 PM
    I couldn't agree with this thread more. My Storm sits in my desk drawer the majority of the time while I use the WE. I just wish we were somehow able to increase the memory. Why doesn't BB re-issue the WE with the same form factor just with the "guts" of the tour?

07-29-09 08:50 PM
    I couldn't agree with this thread more. My Storm sits in my desk drawer the majority of the time while I use the WE. I just wish we were somehow able to increase the memory. Why doesn't BB re-issue the WE with the same form factor just with the "guts" of the tour?

Now THAT is a great idea! They should re-release some of the classics with improvments. Maybe even throw in some Wi-Fi for the Verizon version...
    07-29-09 09:04 PM
    I agree a revamped 8830 would be awesome.

07-29-09 10:10 PM
    mazing amazing fone. I always admire my 8830 WE and always will,even though right now i can get tour easily from telus. but I m not.i mean nothing is wrong with my 8830 anyways,for pictures i think i can always use my digital camera.
    Overall its an awesome fone and the keyboard is awesome.still far better then curve or storm( in my personnel opinion).
    cheerrrzzzzz to the 8830 WE Team.
    07-29-09 11:17 PM
    Well, I am actually suprised that I found this many WE lovers in one spot, to be honest I thought a lot of people simply lived with the phone, but now I see I am only one of many WE loyalists who know what a TRUE Blackberry looks like, time for the Storm and Tour posers to read some of this. I think we all have our favorite parts of the phone. But I have noticed one thing since I started this thread... We all very much agree that this phone is the sexiest, most professional device Blackberry has ever graced us with. I plan on buying another one in case my babying doesn't go far enough and I have to replace it. Also, I'm sure there is someone out there that can figure out how to get some tour guts in this thing. Any electrical engineers out there that are bored?

07-29-09 11:53 PM
    Got my seidio hard case on 8830 and it feels like love at first sight

07-30-09 01:57 AM
    Does anyone else really feel the same way as me? I mean, I have been through a 7250, a Curve, a Storm, and now the World Edition, and I have to say. This has been the best device hands down. I guess I just don't see enough activity in this forum anymore and it makes me wonder how many people have this phone still. I know that the newer phones have great features, I work right beside a Tour everyday, yet I just don't find it as appealing as the wide silver handset that I am currently typing on. I love the keys and keyboard width, the large screen (however much resolution it may be lacking I still love it) and the fact that it is truely unique in the BBerry nation. It was really in a class of it's own there for a while. I also, REALLY love the power button up top and the fact that I can have it at full brightness with the click of a button of off in two clicks. I mean, the thing has a very professional feel to it and not much appeal to most people because of the lack of camera, but I truely think it is the pinnacle of what Blackberry has made thus far. That is all, I just wanted to sing a little praise to a handset that has seemingly lost a lot of interest and it's luster to a handset that I don't feel is all that great (the tour). Let me know how you guys feel!

I MISS MY 8830! NO JOKE <note the all caps>
    07-30-09 02:05 PM
    I use a storm but i switch back to my 8830 maybe one week per month because i miss it. I also always keep that thing updated
    07-30-09 02:11 PM
    Heres the pics i promised

07-30-09 04:21 PM
    I recently purchased the Verizon Tour and tried it out for a few days. I was very disappointed with the phone quality - everyone I called complained that they could barely hear me and it sounded muffled. I tried all of the tricks listed in the forums, but couldn't resolve the issue. Also, the Tour does not work well with bluetooth headsets - again, no one could hear me - there's a long discussion thread regarding this issue in the forums. My motorola h710 has always worked with my 8830 - in fact, no one even knows I'm using a headset.

So, after 2 days, I had Verizon switch me back to my 8830. I've had my 8830 for 2 years and it's served me very well. I've dropped it several times on very hard surfaces, but it just keeps on going. I think I'm going to buy a nice new case for it and be happy for a while. It's fun to try out the latest & greatest phones and I really will miss the excellent screen quality of the Tour, but if people can't hear me during a call, it's really not worth it!

I'm definitely an 8830 fan and will be very reluctant to switch again. Glad to hear how much others enjoy this phone too.
    08-01-09 10:26 AM
    When I had my red 8830WE I really enjoyed using it, the keyboard was awesome, but I still love my new 8900 curve

08-01-09 02:53 PM
    8830WE here in black and have been thinking about switching over to the Tour but not now. Between this thread and the Tour section complaints I will stick with the 8830WE until something better comes out.
    08-05-09 10:59 AM
    Atlas is better than the tour at least it has wifi for international roaming
    08-05-09 11:20 AM
    I just got a hand-me-down 8830 WE from a friend that upgraded to the tour. With the help of this forum, I am loving this thing and officially an addict. Pandora, viigo, facebook app, cb launcher, just awesome! I must say, though, I'm already wishing for more memory and a higher res screen. I can't wait until my new every 2 comes around.

08-05-09 03:12 PM
    Since I started this thread I guess I should input what I think a suitable replacement would be for this amazing device. The only one I could forsee replacing my beloved would be the Bold. I say this only because of the width of the device and the similar keyboards, but I won't do it until Verizon decides to grab it. (hopefully!)
    08-06-09 12:55 PM
    lol this is the best PHONE!
    08-10-09 06:12 PM
    Love my 8830 i think it is a great phone.
    08-10-09 09:25 PM
    Only three words to say !!!
    I'm Lovin it.

08-10-09 11:44 PM
    Only three words to say !!!
    I'm Lovin it.

Nice, I am really tired of that worn out catch-phrase, McDonald's needs to change it up. Anyway, you're right though, it's easy to love.

We need more pictures of your WEs people! Get your digital cameras out and snap some sexah shots of your Blackberry beauty!

08-11-09 02:42 PM
    agree, more pix of the 8830!
    08-11-09 07:18 PM
    I'm using the 9630 right now, but the 8830 WE will always be the benchmark when it comes to any smart phone. Amazing phone.

08-12-09 03:41 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD