Also, the company that leases and services to of the machines at work, they all have 8830's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 04:52 PM
    I went through "4" defective Tours, including intolerably muffled radio, loose battery covers and freezing up...I am so glad to return to my 8830 - the best BB made. May go back to the Tour when they work out the bugs...but I wouldnt give up my 8830 for the world
    08-14-09 07:05 AM
    My 8830WE is my first BB so I have nothing to compare it to, but it seems absolutely great to me. Yesterday I upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5, and now I feel like I have a brand new phone. The best part is, I bought it on Ebay used for $60 with free shipping (didn't want to sign a new contract with Verizon), and it came with an awesome Seidio case and it was PRISTINE. My jaw dropped when I received it, it looked so cool. WEs are thick on the ground on Ebay and available for a song.
    08-15-09 04:54 PM
    i've had the WE since it came out on verizon... my ONLY complaint with it was, the dust that would get under the screen, and the lack of memory... other than that, it has been my favorite phone of all time...

i still have (3) of them sitting in my room, (replacements) and one of the 3 being brand new to be used as a backup for my tour... at the rate that things are going with the tour however, it looks like i'll be switching to my backup sooner than i thought... the muffled sound quality is starting to get on my nerves, and the tour has until the next update to work out the kinks...

i stare longingly at my WE quite a bit though, it's still by my bed...
    08-15-09 06:06 PM
    The WE was the 1st BB I bought, went to a curve, then went right back to the WE lol. To me it's just the perfect size

08-17-09 02:16 AM
    8830 was my first BB, loved it, still have it as a backup!
    08-17-09 02:16 AM
    As recently posted, this is also my first BB. I've had it for about a month and it's been great so far. I got it on ebay for a song, so I still have upgrade eligibility. After reading this thread, I'll wait a while to upgrade. Aside from a few freezeups (seems like about 1 or 2 a week) I have no complaints at all. Even after an upgrade, I think I'll keep this phone close by.

Great thread guys. Keep crackin'
    08-17-09 03:31 AM
    well guy's here I am again trying to get my BB 8830WE back .
    man I need to stop reading other forum about new phones. yes I was sucker for that new HTC ozone.it had it all but one thing its not a BB if VZW gives me another shot at changing my phone this will absolutely be my last switching from a BB to any other. BB lack of apps was what i thought was my reason of leaving not so. i just like this thing. although I was still able to get my email I just didn't feel as connected as it was on the BB I tried the 8330 to small for me and the tour was pretty much the same so I know its 2 years old but I like the 8830. can't explain it just do I know it don't do some of the things the newer one do but till RIM comes with one the same size as the 8830 here I'm to stay
    08-17-09 06:56 AM
    I love my 8830. I have had it going on 2 years and I have pushed the lettering and numbers off my keypad. My husband is like you need to get another phone. I asked at Verizon if I could just purchase a keypad and they said no. That is just how much I love this phone. I don't need a camera. My kids and husband take to the pictures and send them to me in an email.
    08-19-09 11:05 AM
    search google key pad replacement
    I love my 8830. I have had it going on 2 years and I have pushed the lettering and numbers off my keypad. My husband is like you need to get another phone. I asked at Verizon if I could just purchase a keypad and they said no. That is just how much I love this phone. I don't need a camera. My kids and husband take to the pictures and send them to me in an email.
    Last edited by flex22; 08-19-09 at 11:59 PM.
    08-19-09 11:52 PM
    I still have my 8830 but I didn't use it much before I got the Storm. It's an okay BB but it's a little big.
    08-20-09 08:55 AM
    It's a very solid and stable BlackBerry. It looks a bit dated but it's almost hip because it shows people that you've had a BlackBerry for at least 2 years, you're not a follower who jumped on the bandwagon within the past 18 months.

I'm eligible for an upgrade but I'm pretty content. My biggest complaint isn't a lack of camera or memory, it's the lack of 3.5mm headphone jack.
    08-26-09 06:04 PM
    Oh man, I know what you're sayin! This phone definitely says "HEY! I've loved Blackberry since they were REALLY sexy". Plus, no one really sees this phone all the time so it's kind of that "sleeper" phone that is cool but you don't notice it right away.

08-26-09 06:32 PM
    And it's already been touched on but simply put the WE just gets the job done. It's a back to basics BlackBerry. I really don't see the point in upgrading anytime soon.
    08-27-09 02:12 PM
    Well, I agree with what you are saying, but what do the new BBerries do that this can't anyway? More codecs to play more videos and music? So what, and they have a camera? Well I'm not a 14 year old girl so I realize that nothing I do is important enough for everyone on the internet to see it. And a higher resolutions screen, great, I can still see just as much of my emails on my WE, so all you Tour fanboys can keep your 2 year contracts and I'll use my $250 on something more useful. Am I right guys?!

08-27-09 06:36 PM
    my only complaint is the lack of memory. Finding a good headset to listen to my music when traveling would be nice but isn't that important to me.

My BB never freezes up or loses signal. So other than the memory shortage this thing rocks!
    08-28-09 06:18 PM
    I am still really interested to see if you could get the guts of the Tour inside the shell of a WE. I love the keyboard and the professional look of the WE, but I wouldn't mind the higher resolution screen. Does anyone out there know of a broken Tour that we could use to get this going?

08-29-09 10:18 AM
    One thing that I don't think is stated enough, is that one of the reasons this BB is so solid is the AMAZING battery life it offers. The Tour and Curve 8900, etc. are great phones, but battery life becomes a concern with their high-res screens and faster processors.

With the 88xx, I rarely ever NEED to charge this thing. It just works, and keeps going strong.

09-02-09 08:04 PM
    How much memory can the 8830 hold, and does it take a sd card
    09-06-09 01:02 PM
    yea i have never had an 8830 just ordered mine yesterday for 179 unlocked i have always got to mess with my friends and have had like every other berry except the tour in bold and the bold is a good one too but i love the feel of the 8830 cant wait until mine gets here on tuesday.
    09-06-09 01:41 PM
    I like mine just fine..... I'm with Verizon and bought mine off eBay about mid-contract after a year of carrying a Motorola Q (HORRIBLE phone) I had owned several BBs before and missed the simplicity. The one I got off of eBay was CLEARLY used, right down to the crack in the screen and the worst thing I can say is that the trackball seems to get sticky every now and again - that's it. I like my 8830 to the point of actually contemplating not upgrading, though I'm eligible to next month.

I would like to see more capability on the phone, though. Things such as streaming video and other applications that make ownership a little more fun than it already is.
    Last edited by sgillis0315; 09-14-09 at 07:08 PM.
    09-14-09 06:57 PM
    Ia Motorola Q (HORRIBLE phone)
    words cannot express how true this statement is being that i work in tech support lol
    09-14-09 07:41 PM
    This thread cracks me up. Posers? Followers? Retro? hehe
    09-18-09 03:40 AM
    i am very happy with mine. i havnt had it long but so far it does everything i need and looks great doing it.
    09-18-09 08:51 AM
    I recently bought the 8830. I am loving it thus far. Its a nice phone to have.

09-18-09 11:58 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD