One of the sales guys is saying that while surfing the internet w/ his BB, his connection drops whenever he receives an incoming call. Says spring tech support helped him through it once, but would like to permanently fix the issue if possible.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    07-29-09 07:07 PM
    From what I understand, your internet connection will be interrupted regardless if a call comes through. I noticed when I was tethering my 8320, I received a call and it drop my connection so I had to connect again. Think of it as a dial-up modem on a computer that when a call comes through it will knock you out if you didn't have the Cancel Call Waiting enable on your phone line before you dialed out. I know I wasn't much help.
    07-29-09 07:14 PM
    That is true for all CDMA devices that want to tether, if you happen to be on a GSM carrier you can receive calls while transmitting data. That is one of the perks to that technology. I have Verizon and have tried everything I can to figure out how to block calls while tethering and there is really no answer from what I have found. Sorry champ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:57 PM
    Interesting...I do not have that problem at all. I use the VZAccess program from Verizon, then connect to my company's servers through a VPN. When a call comes through, my connection on the VPN is held, but no data will pass until the call is completed. I am never dropped.
    08-03-09 11:10 AM
    I have a different problem ... my VPN connection doesn't stay connected for more than a minute ... anyone see this issue when using VZAccess?
    11-09-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD