That is one point of view.....Another is that we are paying dearly for
    the RIM equipment and service and have a right to demand faster and
    better OS updates. I got my 8830 just a few weeks ago (my first BB) and found out that e-mail does not support html, I cannot do youtube
    or SprintTV (while I am paying for the plan!) and so on and so on.....

I come from Linux user community and even though Linux is not
    commercial the support is far better than what I am getting from RIM or Sprint....why don't they have beta programs so that willing people would test it at their on peril. Specially if it entails such a major improvement like OS 4.5. I am not surprised that people are desperately searching for betas out there.

Is there a direct RIM newsgroup/mailing list that actually BB users can post questions and get answers from RIM developers? Almost all other types of businesses (graphics hardware, software, computer vendors, etc) have just interaction with the user community.

I guess you understand why I feel what I feel!
    08-23-08 06:39 PM
    I realize both of you are new members, so I'll explain. RIM has not released OS 4.5 for the 8830. The only way to get a copy of the beta OS is somebody who legitimately has it, has to violate their Beta Tester commitments and give it to someone, who gives it to someone, etc. Eventually it makes its way to you. RIM takes a very dim view of that, because the OS is not supported. The CSRs at your respective carriers have the same view, because they don't have scripts to support the beta. RIM has threatened (and will again) legal action against people and sites that they find distributing beta OS's.

Jenay is as nice as anybody, and a LOT nicer than a lot of folks. That's not what this is about. By your continued asking, you risk drawing RIM's unfavorable attention to this site. That could cause serious trouble. That's why it's against Forum rules to post links to betas. It's also against forum rules to ask people to send you links to betas. Please understand that, don't think ill of jenay or anyone else, and stop asking here.

ok...I understand all that but I was just being dumb when i was saying that stuff about that person being nice..I was just kidding...i wasn't trying to be annoying or an as***** so yea...sorry if you took it as that i was being annoying or mean or whatever it is you took it as. And Yea I didn't know about that you guys can't give out links and stuff...I don't even want the update anymore lol
    08-23-08 10:05 PM
    Thanks for the explanation jeff.

As for "demanding" faster OS releases, that's ludicris. The reason the newest beta OS's aren't released yet is because they are still having the bugs worked out. Why would RIM go around releasing versions that may not function properly? Think about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 10:10 PM
    ok...I understand all that but I was just being dumb when i was saying that stuff about that person being nice..I was just kidding...i wasn't trying to be annoying or an as***** so yea...sorry if you took it as that i was being annoying or mean or whatever it is you took it as. And Yea I didn't know about that you guys can't give out links and stuff...I don't even want the update anymore lol
    I suggest you read.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    08-23-08 10:10 PM
    That is one point of view.....Another is that we are paying dearly for
    the RIM equipment and service and have a right to demand faster and
    better OS updates. I got my 8830 just a few weeks ago (my first BB) and found out that e-mail does not support html, I cannot do youtube
    or SprintTV (while I am paying for the plan!) and so on and so on.....

I come from Linux user community and even though Linux is not
    commercial the support is far better than what I am getting from RIM or Sprint....why don't they have beta programs so that willing people would test it at their on peril. Specially if it entails such a major improvement like OS 4.5. I am not surprised that people are desperately searching for betas out there.

Is there a direct RIM newsgroup/mailing list that actually BB users can post questions and get answers from RIM developers? Almost all other types of businesses (graphics hardware, software, computer vendors, etc) have just interaction with the user community.

I guess you understand why I feel what I feel!

BlackBerry® Support Community Forums - BlackBerry® Support Community Forums
    08-23-08 10:12 PM
    Should be just about due. I like .51 so unless something is much different I will wait.
    08-23-08 10:17 PM
    as for me i think this site is pretty helpful in finding ways to help problems that one might have, but i think its pretty childish that everyone gets all bent out of shape when anyone says anything about where can i find this, or where can i find that. Its all about control and "rules" that someone has the privlege to enforce. If someone was dumb or lets say smart enough to post an OS then so be it freedom of speech to post where its at I say. I honestly dont give a $hit about OS's but get so tired of all the members who do have an OS crying about how other people are asking for it. Get over yourselfs.
    08-24-08 10:13 PM
    as for me i think this site is pretty helpful in finding ways to help problems that one might have, but i think its pretty childish that everyone gets all bent out of shape when anyone says anything about where can i find this, or where can i find that. Its all about control and "rules" that someone has the privlege to enforce. If someone was dumb or lets say smart enough to post an OS then so be it freedom of speech to post where its at I say. I honestly dont give a $hit about OS's but get so tired of all the members who do have an OS crying about how other people are asking for it. Get over yourselfs.
    I believe the administration here is just trying to cover their a**es from law suits from RIM since it is illegal to post an OS that is only supposed to be available select people (non-disclosure agreements). Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with software and leading people to that software would be like aiding in illegal activity (downloading the OS) which could get them sued. That would be my take on why they don't want people sharing the info on their site especially since I know there are RIM people that read this site.
    08-25-08 08:55 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD