I was wondering when I download a new program to install from the browser where does the file go? Does it take up memory? Can I delete it if so?
    03-08-08 05:56 PM
    Yes, it takes up memory. You can delete it by going to:

Options>Advanced Options>Applications, and if it's a program/application you downloaded it should appear in that list.

You can delete it out of that list to free up memory.
    03-08-08 05:58 PM
    If you download a program it should go into applications (options>advanced options>applications) and an icon will be placed on your desktop.

All programs use memory but how much depends on the application.

To delete applications go to options > advanced options > applications, highlight the application you want to delete, hit the menu key and select delete.
    03-08-08 06:00 PM
    Oh I know how to delete the applications once I install it. I should have been more clear.

Where does the downloaded install file go? (the .jad file for some)
    03-08-08 06:02 PM
    It goes into options>advanced options> applications as explained above.
    03-08-08 06:10 PM
    It goes into options>advanced options> applications as explained above.
    What I am saying is this. Say you download a file from FireFox (Say Google Earth). The .exe file is on your desktop after you install the application and that takes up memory on the computer but I am able to delete the install file. I am wondering if that is how the blackberry works too. So I do a OTA install and it says download file. I do that and it installs, is the install file still on the blackberry or is it automatically deleted.

I understand how to uninstall an application once it is installed on the blackberry
    03-08-08 06:26 PM
    I think that the files you download directly to the phone are immediately installed modules unlike EXE files which you execute to install a bunch of files and registry entries. I think the BB takes care of the rest in the background.
    03-09-08 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD