I need a full face plate set with keys and all + tools. i see them on ebay but the problem is that they are all in hong kong. i need it by the 28th.

anyone have a lead?
    12-19-08 01:16 PM
    CNN is a great BB replacement parts website. Shipping is a little longer than normal but, I've never had a problem.
    12-19-08 01:18 PM
    CNN is a great BB replacement parts website. Shipping is a little longer than normal but, I've never had a problem.

You, Sir, are the man!!!

Detailed Invoice:
    Date Ordered: Friday 19 December, 2008

Products
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1 x Mini T5 screwdriver (TOOLMT5) = $1.50
    1 x Mini T4 screwdriver (TOOLMT4) = $1.50
    1 x Blue cell phone case opening tool - small (TOOLBCOTS) = $1.25
    1 x Blue cell phone case opening tool (TOOLBCOTL) = $1.50
    1 x BlackBerry 8830 OEM red full housing - unbranded = $45.99
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sub-Total: $51.74
    Discount Coupon holiday15 applied: -$7.76
    Regular airmail (Regular airmail ( 7-10 Business days )): $5.00
    Total: $48.98
    12-19-08 01:50 PM
    My warning is a little too late regarding CNN, but I will post anyway. The faceplate you receive may not be OEM, in fact, I can almost guarantee it will not be OEM. It is also coming from Hong Kong, if that matters. I have dealt with them in the past, and the quality of the parts I received was below unacceptable. Shipping was very slow also, and since this is the holiday season, your package may be delayed.
    12-19-08 06:12 PM
    I purchased just a BLACK keyboard from them for my Silver 8830. It arrived in a timely fashion and seemed equal to the original. I don't know if they've changed their part since I purchased.

The only issue I had is that they required a signature for delivery and I had to find a day to get to the post office and sign to pick up the package.
    12-20-08 10:48 AM
    well i'm replacing a busted up shell on a used $50 8830 i brought for my girlfriend. i got it in red so there be no mixing up of the units. if the cnn case is not like the red verizon version, oops. no biggie. i just don't want her running off with my bb, thinking it's hers.
    12-20-08 11:33 AM
    Let us know how yours turns out, pics if you can get them up.
    12-21-08 10:49 AM
    Let us know how yours turns out, pics if you can get them up.
    sure thing, give me about a week to get all the parts. I'll do the full pimp my blackberry thing.
    12-22-08 02:48 PM
    Shipping from CNN is SLOW!! I tracked my package and once it made it to my local post office (2 weeks) they somehow lost my package. The PO refunded me my $50 and I purchased my case from Ebay at a store called Everything4Blackberry. I was very impressed with my full housing and only paid $30 total. Shipping was about 3 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 03:20 PM
    Shipping from CNN is SLOW!! I tracked my package and once it made it to my local post office (2 weeks) they somehow lost my package. The PO refunded me my $50 and I purchased my case from Ebay at a store called Everything4Blackberry. I was very impressed with my full housing and only paid $30 total. Shipping was about 3 days.

how long ago did you do that? i searched them (Everything4Blackberry) and nothing turned up. honestly if someone can come up with a seller in the US that can match that order above, i'll buy from them and resell the CNN order when it arrives. i'm open.
    Last edited by cvaria; 12-22-08 at 09:11 PM.
    12-22-08 09:08 PM
    About two weeks ago. Here is the link:

eBay My World - everything4blackberry
    12-23-08 09:53 AM
    About two weeks ago. Here is the link:

eBay My World - everything4blackberry
    they don't have that parts i ordered. but thanks anywho.

here's a great ebay seller for batteries though:
    OEM Blackberry RIM CX2 C-X2 8800 8820 8830 battery - eBay (item 220291693916 end time Jan-05-09 16:31:18 PST)

i order two from him, one about a month ago and one on friday for this red blackberry project, they both got to my house in less than three days. ridiculous! And free shipping!
    12-23-08 10:38 AM

no.. it's not slow, mine took 5 days. i'm impressed actually. the materials ARE OEM. exact fit and form and serials. great job BlackBerryBob, my girlfriend hit the roof! the motorola q is headed for the trash.
    Last edited by cvaria; 12-30-08 at 01:11 PM.
    12-30-08 12:44 PM
    sure thing, give me about a week to get all the parts. I'll do the full pimp my blackberry thing.
    12-30-08 12:56 PM

fun fun

took no more than 10 minutes

all the videos were helpful.

BlackBerry 8800 repair tutorial - Panasonic, 3G, BenQ-Siemens, Alcatel, Nokia, Acer, Accessories Store, Apple, Mob
    Last edited by cvaria; 12-30-08 at 01:07 PM.
    12-30-08 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD