What's the flashing green light all about?

and how do you turn it off

I have seen the blue light for bluetooth before and the red one for
    messages etc -
    so are there other colours I don't yet know about?
    Clinto likes this.
    11-21-07 10:58 AM
    The green light is your coverage indicator. You can turn it off under Options -> Screen/Keyboard -> LED Coverage Indictor.

I found it annoying, too. Got enough other lights going off
    11-21-07 11:02 AM
    I turned it off, too.
    11-21-07 12:58 PM
    VERY annoying ... phones should only flash when they want attention for something ... not to let you know its connected to the network ... but thankfully RIM lets you turn this off as mentioned above, where as on my old phone I had to use a piece of electrical tape under my case to block the darn flashing LED ...
    11-21-07 01:00 PM
    I just got an 8310. The first time I plugged it into the charger the light flashed green. So here I was thinking that the green light meant charging.... well I just plugged it into the charger for the second time, and there is no light at all.. so.. what exactly did that green light mean? I never see any lights which would lead me to believe that it is trying to connect to a network. I browse the web, send e-mail.. etc.. and never see any light. It flashes red when I have received a message. Has anyone figured out yet what the green light means?
    07-27-08 04:36 PM
    The green light is your coverage indicator. You can turn it off under Options -> Screen/Keyboard -> LED Coverage Indictor.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its letting you know that you have coverage and that you can use either the voice or data feature on your berry
    07-27-08 04:38 PM
    I just got an 8310. The first time I plugged it into the charger the light flashed green. So here I was thinking that the green light meant charging.... well I just plugged it into the charger for the second time, and there is no light at all.. so.. what exactly did that green light mean? I never see any lights which would lead me to believe that it is trying to connect to a network. I browse the web, send e-mail.. etc.. and never see any light. It flashes red when I have received a message. Has anyone figured out yet what the green light means?

Asked and answered.
    07-27-08 04:39 PM
    Mine only flashes green when I have "low battery"
    07-30-08 03:08 AM
    i actually prefer my led status light on.
    07-30-08 08:30 AM
    Same here, low battery. Mine doesn't flash green when the network's connected at all, just when the battery is low... they should have made it orange lol
    10-17-08 04:49 PM
    Same here, low battery. Mine doesn't flash green when the network's connected at all, just when the battery is low... they should have made it orange lol
    So how do you get it to only flash on low battery?
    10-17-08 07:33 PM
    ^ I think it does it automatically.
    10-18-08 03:52 AM
    had no idea what this green light was for. Driving me crazy, I was constantly checking for email or messages and it wouldn't turn off. Thanks to this forum, I now have no green light!
    01-16-09 12:16 PM
    actually the green light is a good thing, it not only lets you know that your coverage is ok but your phone is working correctly with your GSM carrier if for any reason towers go down and they do sometimes like blackout or a storm also note that hotter temps are going to be coming around that will cause a change with very old towers that will need repair that green light can be used as a tool for data correction and drop calls. so incase you cant see your green light no more you will never know if your coverage is at peek levels so thats a drag. its bright but people will soon learn to appreciate it in a good way.
    02-03-09 03:45 PM
    Yup. Its good if the green light is ON.
    02-07-09 05:14 AM
    Old thread but I just noticed this too...
    05-12-09 06:09 PM
    Mine was off by default, and I found the option to turn it on accidentally while messing with my screen options. I like the indicator being on, especially in the office where it's tough to get a signal.
    05-12-09 10:28 PM
    My 8330 has flashed a green light only once, when the battery was low. I plugged it in for a while and the green light stopped flashing.
    05-20-09 08:30 PM
    The flashing green light means different things on different model phones.
    Pearl - low battery
    Curve - got a signal
    Bold - ??
    05-27-09 11:12 AM
    Mine only flashes green when it's powered off and I plug the charger in - when it's fully charged the green light stays lit, but stops flashing
    05-30-09 04:25 PM

Thanks!!! That was driving me NUTS!!
    07-19-09 06:47 PM
    Mine flashes blue when connected via bluetooth. I'm rarely ever in area w/out service, so I find the service area indicator annoying, but do like the other indicators.
    07-19-09 07:12 PM
    i keep it on :}
    07-19-09 07:38 PM
    The green light is useful. I keep mines on
    07-20-09 09:41 PM
    THanks so much
    08-28-09 02:57 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD