I want to change my IT policy, but if I do that, I won't have access to my corporate email. I have backed everything up, and I can restore certain files. Does anyone know which file needs to be restored just to give me my corporate email back?
    04-24-08 06:40 AM
    Why do you want to change your IT policy? If your corporate e-mail is served from a BES, the BES won't talk to your berry without the right policy or it will push down a new one first.
    04-24-08 07:46 AM
    I'm a BES admin, changing or trying to change the I.T Policy is a company violation.

This is one thing I advise to the people I connect to BES. Yes, the Blackberry may belong to you, but ALL the data that goes to it, belongs to the company...

The only way to get your work email, is for the device to be added to BES, by the admin. You'll be 'pushed' service books. Can't be done the other way round...
    04-24-08 07:49 AM
    I'm a BES admin, changing or trying to change the I.T Policy is a company violation.

This is one thing I advise to the people I connect to BES. Yes, the Blackberry may belong to you, but ALL the data that goes to it, belongs to the company...

The only way to get your work email, is for the device to be added to BES, by the admin. You'll be 'pushed' service books. Can't be done the other way round...
    The service books were pushed and I wiped the device. After this I restored my backup that I made prior to wiping it. It worked after the restore without a new push. Once the service books are on the device, there should be a way to modify the policy and restore them.
    04-25-08 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD