First let me say hello, this is my first post, so I apologize if I bypassed protocol.
    But heres my question.

Before my IT folks performed a wipe on my 8820, when I would type say two or three characters or numbers from the home screen, my 8820 would change to the address book and focus would jump to the name in my book that started first with those characters. Hitting another character, a third or forth, it would resort the list to those characters entered and the focus then automatically follow. It looks like what is called SureType, but I don't think the 8820 has this feature.
    What is this called and how do I re-enable it. Thanks
    01-25-09 12:37 PM
    I think you are describing Dialing from Home Screen. You enable it as follows:
    Green Phone Key / Menu / Options / General Options / Dial from Home Screen: Yes
    01-25-09 02:51 PM
    First let me say hello, this is my first post, so I apologize if I bypassed protocol.
    But heres my question.

Before my IT folks performed a wipe on my 8820, when I would type say two or three characters or numbers from the home screen, my 8820 would change to the address book and focus would jump to the name in my book that started first with those characters. Hitting another character, a third or forth, it would resort the list to those characters entered and the focus then automatically follow. It looks like what is called SureType, but I don't think the 8820 has this feature.
    What is this called and how do I re-enable it. Thanks
    Welcome to crackberry bigdawg!
    01-25-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD