Hello to all!!!

After reading crackberry forums for the past week or so, I've decided to ask for your advise. I purchased a BB8830WE and have not looked back. I believe that I am becoming a crack addict. It feels sooooo good!!!

I do have a couple of minor complaints about the 8830 such as the low ringer volumn and the slippery cramped keyboard. And the lack of MMS bites but overall, a very nice phone.

Now for the question. I have 15 days to try out the phone to see if I want to keep it. I have been reading about the new curve model and was wondering if I should keep the 8830 or wait a bit for the curve to hit the Alltel streets?

Please tell me what you think

Thanks in advance for your advise!!
    03-22-08 08:52 AM
    I've had my Curve about a week and love it,,the feel, functionality, etc. How long would you have to wait, whats the ETA for Curves at Alltel?
    03-22-08 08:57 AM
    I've heard maybe by the middle of April?

I hate to keep the 8830 if the curve will be out soon. I'm not rich enough to pay full price. I don't see many negative posts on the curve and it looks like a solid consumer friendly berry.

If I decide to wait for the curve, I sure will miss the e-mail and instant messenger apps!!! It's been a sweet ride so far.
    03-22-08 09:07 AM
    I've never been one to use mms to begin with, so I have not missed it with my 8830...so I guess it would all depend on how much value you place on mms. And the return policy at Alltel with smart phones like bbs is 30 days, not 15....so you have a little more time; but - the curve will not likely be available before your 30 days are up. However, you could possibly make a deal with RIM directly to 'trade-up'... BlackBerry Trade Up Program and lessen the impact on the wallet.
    03-22-08 09:52 AM
    Well I love my 88 and I'd NEVER trade it for a Curvey.
    03-22-08 11:03 AM
    Depends what you're using it for but definitely curve is a solid choice for mms text email all that stuff with a camera to boot! Like for me it was really no choice other than pearl or curve and I had to get a pearl while I wait for the curve to come to verizon.
    03-22-08 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD