I have BB 8820 and have an inbox synced with outlook. The little envelope has 43 next to it saying I have 43 unread messages but my inbox has 0. In outlook it's 0 and I know that is correct.
    I did something tomight in the menu but I can't figure it out. I am viewing my inbox and something else. I select view folder and I do inbox and I see 0 maul but the envelope still has 43. And I can see 43 emails once I back out of it.
    Any ideas? Is there a way to reboot? I have a hard time getting the battery out so I quit, I don't think it is the answer but just wanted to ask.

Thanks
    Steve
    05-22-08 10:29 PM
    I'd definitely try the battery pull (even though you said it is hard to pull out). Sometimes my LED light goes bonkers, or my BBM says I have a message when I don't. A battery pull fixes it.
    05-22-08 10:49 PM
    I pulled the battery and same thing.

One thing I noticed is when I move the mail to a saved folder under inbox the mail is filed in the folder but it also stays on the BB,

I have inbox then folders under inbox to store saved messages. This morning when I moved them they stored in the folder but also came off the BB. That is what I need to happen

Thanks
    05-22-08 10:51 PM
    Sorry, battery pull is all I got ...
    05-22-08 11:03 PM
    my call log used to show up in my messages...might that be what is causing the envelope count. go to phone> menu> options> call logging> then select what you want or dont want to show in messages hopefully this will solve your issue...i hate the little envelopes hanging around too!!
    05-22-08 11:08 PM
    Thanks for the info but Call Logging is not the problem this is with email.
    If I delete in outlook it syncs ok
    If I move the mail into a folder under inbox it does not remove it from BB

Thanks
    Steve
    05-22-08 11:38 PM
    I've had this before and what I did was delete all my service books from the phone and do a Resend Service Books. It might help you.
    05-26-08 03:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD