I received a replacement 8830 from the insurance company after I lost my previous phone.. that day I had some weird java errors that I decided to ignore since everything worked.. Now I am starting to get errors and certain programs won't run or just freeze up on me. Viigo was working fine and no longer does, neither does Gmail app or Google Mobile updater. I also receive some errors while using messenger.

I did upgrade to 4.2.2.196 from Sprint site.. everything still worked after that..

Here are some errors I receive:

Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ContolledAccessException
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerExceptio

any ideas? wipe phone.. reinstall OS?
    06-28-08 12:52 PM
    Are you on 4.5???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-08 03:58 PM

06-28-08 04:06 PM
    That is strange on 4.2. A number of the forum members including myself were having the exact same error when using 4.5. Personally I had this problem when using gmail app as well. The fix for 4.5 is to make sure docstogo is installed.

Sorry can't offer any other advice than the obvious. try reinstalling, or, join us in testing the 4.5 beta!!

06-28-08 05:50 PM
    so I kept playing around and I think I figured out what happened.. for some odd reason all the application permissions were messed up.. I went to Options -> Security Options-> Application Permissions and I changed the options to Allow.. for some reason they were set to Deny and thats what was causing the errors..

I remember that when I installed vLingo I had to change them for that program... maybe somewhere around then the others changed too?

Anyway.. no errors so far after changes..
    06-28-08 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD