Ok...I'm trying to find a way to sync files to the 8830. I wish someone would develop software that would do this...I would buy it immediately!

I know it isn't possible now but here's what I did to try to find a work-around...

I saved a folder called Blackberry on my home computer desktop then loaded the files in it I need to be on my blackberry and would love to sync between my home computer and my 8830 and to my work computer.

Then I used drag and drop with the Media Manager to copy the files on my 8830 (in a new folder I called �other� since it isn�t media). Now when I go to work tomorrow I can take those files with me and drag them from my 8830 to my work computer�s Blackberry folder (I'll create this tomorrow when I get to work).

Some of these files change almost daily so I will have to go through the procedures above routinely which will be a pain! I will also have to purchase the Office software so I can view the files when I'm away from both computers. This is the best thing I can come up with.

Maybe some of you can help me perfect my work-around until an �activesync� type software is developed. Maybe the office software will change my procedure above to make it easer to do this�please chime in if you have the office software and think it will be easier to do this if I purchase it.

If we put our heads together maybe we can come up with something better than what I have above. I�m trying to make this thing more of a PDA. I love my Blackberry and this is something that could complete the smartphone part of the 8830.

All ideas are welcomed! Thanks for your help!
    07-18-07 08:52 PM
    I love my 8830 so much I bought 15,000 in RIMM stock!
    Did you know RIM did Verizon's bidding to disable GPS at VZW's request. They sold out and ruined your device.
    07-18-07 09:40 PM
    Not sure what kind of files you are trying to sync, but you mentioned Office so I assume word or excel files. If so, try google docs. This way they are saved on the web and you can "publish" them and access from your crackberry.
    07-18-07 09:49 PM
    Yes they are word and excel files.

1. If I use google docs can I edit the files using my crackberry (when I'm away from both computers)?

2. Is it free?

Maybe if I have the office software I can download the files to the crackberry, then open and edit them then upload them back to google.

Thanks...maybe we are on to something!
    07-18-07 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD