Looked through the forums a bunch (about an hour today) and have found many ways to look up when it was made but none of them seem to apply to the 8830 unless you have the original box, which I do not.

So, on the sticker on the inside of my phone, wth do I look at nothing resembling a DDMMYY code on it.
    11-04-09 11:17 AM
    Bump due to it kind of being important since it determins wether or not Verizon will be hooking me up with a Tour or Storm2 for Freeee If it's less than a year old or so they'll swap me over for free. (it's an alltel device) to one of their new equiv. world phones, which is only the storm and tour atm I believe.
    11-05-09 05:21 PM
    If nobody has any better idea, take it to a Verizon store. If there's a date coded somewhere, they must be able to verify it if they are going to give you a free device. They aren't going to take your word for it anyway.
    11-05-09 05:36 PM
    If nobody has any better idea, take it to a Verizon store. If there's a date coded somewhere, they must be able to verify it if they are going to give you a free device. They aren't going to take your word for it anyway.
    I have and so far out of three reps (we just converted from an Alltel region not that that makes much of a difference) but none of them or their co-workers at the time have had a clue on how to tell and just scratched their heads and told me to find out and let them know.

Kinda sad but true :|
    11-05-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD