Yeah, me toooo! The ringer is not loud enough to hear in my purse while walking around the mall, at work or a grocery store! UGH.

I am having a new problem too (aside from the duplicate calendar entries every time I change something about an event already in the calendar). Some of my messages are disappearing from my desktop!!! This is a BIG problem since I don't typically open emails with attachments on my BB unless I really need to see it right away. I wait to get to my desktop and then view them.

Well, lately I have noted that a few of my emails just completely disappear on my desktop before I can open them. It's not consistent (that I can see). I then go back and find the message on my BB (luckily kept most of them) and forward them to my email account so I can see it on my email on the desktop.

UGH. It seems to happen about once every 50 messages and so far I have only noticed it on a yahoo account and a google account.

YIYEKS. Anyone else?
    07-08-07 04:21 PM
    There is a patch for the calendar issues. The patch, is here. It's directly from RIM.
    Last edited by anon(153966); 07-08-07 at 07:31 PM. Reason: ...added a link.
    07-08-07 04:32 PM
    Anyone else come across problems with paired with an in-car bluetooth kit? Specifically, a 2005 Acura RL. The kit is listed as supported. I can successfully pair the phone with the car, and when I get an incoming call, it mutes the speakers like it's supposed to, and the call comes through over the in-car audio system. The problem is when I want to make an outgoing call. I hit the voice-dial button on the Blackberry, and it shows the voice-dial screen, but doesn't mute the car audio, doesn't route the phone's audio over the car audio system, and most importantly, doesn't route audio through the phone speaker system, either. I can say "Call Joe Schmoe" and the phone doesn't hear me at all. Effectively, this completely disables voice dialing from the phone while I'm in the car!

I know there's a built-in voice dialing system in the car, but it doesn't integrate with the phone, so you have to train each voice-dial entry. I have over 5,000 contacts in my phone, and they are constantly changing, so this isn't really an option.

I wouldn't have a problem using the phone's voice dial system as long as I could transfer it to my car's bluetooth, but as far as I can tell, there's absolutely no way to use the phone's voice dial feature while I'm in the car. Anyone else come across this problem, or even better, a workaround?
    07-10-07 09:56 AM
    I've seen many posts complaining that the ringer volume is inadequate. I certainly echo that sentiment (tho far too softly to be heard-- much like my 8830). I'm posting this complaint since I am hopeful that RIM is lurking to get market feedback and I encourage others to reply and shout-- "Yeah, me too!" I'm posting in the hopes that RIM will see that this is a big problem that needs a fix. I am encouraged and hopeful by the fact that the speaker IS CAPABLE of a loud volume. In speakerphone and other modes it works beautifully. It's only when calls are ringing in that the whole thing goes south.

So lets get this patch on the next release~!! I WANT TO HEAR MY PHONE WHEN IT RINGS!!!!
    AMEN I've got my settings as loud as I can get them and I still can't hear my phone ring.
    07-10-07 01:14 PM
    Here is one for you guys..

I have had this problem like 3 times so far, and I have had the 8830 for 1 month.

When I am talking and get a call on the second line, sometimes after I switch to the second call the first call gets dropped and then the phone is stuck thinking it is still connected to the first caller.

Every time I try to make a call, the only option is to conference the person, but it won't even do that.

The only way to get it "Un-Confused" is to pull the battery.

Anyone else see this..

Thanks

I have this problem too. Have you figured out any solutions yet? If so, I'd love to know. It is super annoying.

What kind of ridiculous phone can't figure out call waiting. This is the LAST thing I thought I'd have a problem with!
    07-11-07 06:42 PM
    I have the same problem and it is a major problem. I have only found that pulling the battery works but that is really not an acceptable solution.
    07-12-07 12:20 AM
    go to profile
    go to advanced
    click menu
    click new profile
    type new name
    click on phone
    set volume to high
    set tune to music to calypso (may not like music but loudest offered)
    save all
    set profile to new name.
    I set to in holster and out of holster
    Wish I had come up with this but copied from somebody smarter than me
    Verizon suprise knows nothing abou this fix.
    07-12-07 08:52 AM
    go to profile
    go to advanced
    click menu
    click new profile
    type new name
    click on phone
    set volume to high
    save all
    set profile to new name.
    07-12-07 09:00 AM
    How is that any different then just editing the existing profile and choosing HIGH for the volume? It's the same loudness both ways. Still sucks.
    07-12-07 10:34 AM
    couldnt hear it before. Now wife complains when it rings. I tried turning up existing profiles and made no difference. Maybe i was just lucky
    07-12-07 11:22 AM
    I just bought the 8830 for Verizon. I found a fix for the volume issue that has worked for me. If you go to "Profile", then select "Advanced", and highlight the profile you wish to change. Press the Blackberry Menu button and select "Edit". Select "Phone" from the list and you will get both selections for "Out of Holster" and "In Holster". On both selections, you can choose "Volume" and change to "High". Don't forget to press the Blackberry "Menu" button and choose "Save" when you are finished. This has helped my ringtones immensely, although it could still be louder.
    07-12-07 12:32 PM
    I talked to Verizon about the call waiting/conference issue. They said that it is a Blackberry software glitch. They are working on a fix, so in the meantime just deal. Unbelievable!
    07-19-07 12:51 AM
    go to profile
    go to advanced
    click menu
    click new profile
    type new name
    click on phone
    set volume to high
    save all
    set profile to new name.
    This worked for me. Calypso is really loud!
    07-22-07 02:42 PM
    make sure your volume level is turned up externally and also within the respective "profile" settings.

Then go to profiles > advanced... > and proceed to highlight (do not select) a particular profile of your choice i.e. loud. FYI the profile selected has no effect on this fix. Then hit the menu button and select "show tunes" and then select "preloaded ringtones". click on any tune and on the bottom right hand corner will be a volume slide. Turn this up as loud as possible with the 8830's external volume buttons. this will raise the amplification of all the ringtones within the folder.

Hope this helps as I can't imagine anyone wanting their phone any louder than this....especially with the calypso song! LOL
    07-23-07 07:46 PM
    make sure your volume level is turned up externally and also within the respective "profile" settings.

Then go to profiles > advanced... > and proceed to highlight (do not select) a particular profile of your choice i.e. loud. FYI the profile selected has no effect on this fix. Then hit the menu button and select "show tunes" and then select "preloaded ringtones". click on any tune and on the bottom right hand corner will be a volume slide. Turn this up as loud as possible with the 8830's external volume buttons. this will raise the amplification of all the ringtones within the folder.

Hope this helps as I can't imagine anyone wanting their phone any louder than this....especially with the calypso song! LOL
    This is wrong. Doing that only shows the ringtones (regardless what folder they are in) in Media Player and allows you to "preview" them. The volume they play under in Media Player (or for that matter even the EQ effect of the ringtone) is not representative of what it'll sound like when the phone rings. A lot of this has to do with the fact that the Media Player accesses both speakers in the 8830 as well as the EQ soundsystem on the phone. This is why ringtones sound good in Media Player, but suck when you actually set them as a ringtone. It's the way the phone does playback on ringer vs media player. Hope this clears things up a little.
    07-23-07 10:21 PM
    This is wrong. Doing that only shows the ringtones (regardless what folder they are in) in Media Player and allows you to "preview" them. The volume they play under in Media Player (or for that matter even the EQ effect of the ringtone) is not representative of what it'll sound like when the phone rings. A lot of this has to do with the fact that the Media Player accesses both speakers in the 8830 as well as the EQ soundsystem on the phone. This is why ringtones sound good in Media Player, but suck when you actually set them as a ringtone. It's the way the phone does playback on ringer vs media player. Hope this clears things up a little.

Sorry about that. You are definitely right as I just tested it. I took it for granted that the internal volume of the file would be somehow changed.
    07-24-07 01:13 AM
    Sorry about that. You are definitely right as I just tested it. I took it for granted that the internal volume of the file would be somehow changed.
    I wish it did, all my ringtones sound so much better in Media Player. RIM just needs a slap to the back of the head for this "***** mistake". They let this slip by in 2 OS versions so far for the 8830 phones.
    07-24-07 08:54 AM
    Love my new blackberry... my old one was much heavier and bigger! But I can't EVER hear it ring--I've used Phonezoo to create my own ringtones, I've tried Calypso, and all the other tips above...What good is a phone you don't know is ringing?! As a chick the whole vibrate/holster/on my belt thing doesn't work, because I don't wear belts!
    07-24-07 12:17 PM
    File your complaint with Verizon and with RIM directly. It won't get fixed otherwise.
    07-24-07 02:03 PM
    The Volume is really low and I figured the best tone to hear is the classic phone
    07-24-07 08:27 PM
    Sorry to hear you guys are having such problems with ring volume. The way I get around it, cause the low volume was driving me nuts too, was to put a few high quality songs on my media card, assign it as a ring tone and now the ring is sometimes annoyingly loud.

Hope this helps...
    07-25-07 10:42 AM
    Another bug I've found (I have the Sprint 8830) is there is a setting under Options > Security Settings > General Settings that allows you to change the background color of Enterprise Messages (BES) and/or Other Messages. Instead of actually changing the background color, I get diagonal stripes in the "Other Messages" if I change it from None.
    07-26-07 01:08 PM
    My appointments in my calendar just mysteriously disappeared from my home screen, but are still present in my calendar. When I try to open the appointment in the calendar, I get the following error, "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed." Sick of this phone already, I didn't delete anything!
    07-26-07 02:58 PM
    My appointments in my calendar just mysteriously disappeared from my home screen, but are still present in my calendar. When I try to open the appointment in the calendar, I get the following error, "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed." Sick of this phone already, I didn't delete anything!
    You're going to need to wipe the handheld and restore all of your information; specifically, your problems sounds like the service book problem when you try to sync calendar data. Do not restore your data from your backups after you wipe the handheld, this will only restore the old corruptions, sync your data after wiping and then create a new backup to be able to access in case of anything. If you need more detailed directions on how to do this, it's been spread around the forums several times, but can be posted again for the benefit of yourself and others as well.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-26-07 at 03:40 PM. Reason: grammar
    07-26-07 03:39 PM
    I dont know what all the hype is about. I have had my 8830 for a month now and absolutly love it. I guess the ringer could be a little louder but aside from that im all about my bomb a$$ 8830.
    07-26-07 03:48 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD