Ok this is what I want everyone who cares about the GPS issue to do:

I just sent an email to vzw through the website. I would encourage you to do the same. I told them about the telus and bell versions with enabled autonomous gps and that I did not want to hear about agps, e911, or vznavigator. I also told them about the pending sprint release and that I would take my 3 lines to sprint if things didn't change soon. I said autonomous gps several times. I want to flood them wil emails. Also, ask to be escalated to the office of the president.

Please help us all out. Just click the contact us link on the main vzw page and go from there.

Post back your thoughts and the responses you receive.

You can pin me at 32BEFCEC

Ryan
    06-28-07 11:00 AM
    i am pretty sure sprint has the same sort of arrangement..monthly fees.

Ok this is what I want everyone who cares about the GPS issue to do:

I just sent an email to vzw through the website. I would encourage you to do the same. I told them about the telus and bell versions with enabled autonomous gps and that I did not want to hear about agps, e911, or vznavigator. I also told them about the pending sprint release and that I would take my 3 lines to sprint if things didn't change soon. I said autonomous gps several times. I want to flood them wil emails. Also, ask to be escalated to the office of the president.

Please help us all out. Just click the contact us link on the main vzw page and go from there.

Post back your thoughts and the responses you receive.

You can pin me at 32BEFCEC

Ryan
    06-28-07 10:38 PM
    I think we've all done this and it doesn't really matter in the end because it's just a couple of emails and if they loose you they won't even show a loss on the bottom line. If you really want a better chance I suggest you file and FTC complaint against them siting this specific issue. It's the only way to get their attention.
    06-29-07 07:10 AM
    Ok another rant with the gps, and yes I'll mail Verizon, and yes I'll be vocal to other powers that be. At the airport the other day I was talking with another guy that had a 8800, we talked about google maps for the bberry, so he downloads it, and voi la! it worked flawelessly! instant location, gmaps roads, and location capability. I want that feature, and I feel I have been deceived with my 8830, and its gps function. Thanks for this post
    06-29-07 08:42 AM
    We need a class action lawsuit for this. Someone know a lawyer interested in drafting some paperwork at no charge until settlement since it's class action? Actually, I have a better idea... how about we send a very informative/polite email to CNN informing them of Verizon's business practices?
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 06-29-07 at 07:52 PM.
    06-29-07 07:49 PM
    I have worked with Verizon for many years and can guarantee that complaining to them will have zero effect.

Class action is very expensive and by the time it is ready to go, VZW will have their Navigator going.

FTC complaint is definitely the way to go, It takes only a few minutes to file and if the FTC gets into the act, VZW will certainly be listening.

The complaint should be centered on the issue that VZW has purposely disabled a feature in the 8830 that is inherently part of the unit. Also that the advertising is confusing at best as to whether the unit has GPS. I also cited that the main reason I purchased the unit was enhance my own safety via the GPS.
    06-29-07 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD