I woke up this morning to a voicemail icon (a little blue torso, with 2 red waves coming out of the right side of its head) on the top part of the home screen. However, i didn't get no voicemails. I checked every single possible message: missed/incoming/outgoing calls, incoming/new/saved sms, email from my 3 accounts (new mail, sent mail, saved mail, archived...). I have checked all my other possible alerts: BB messenger, Google Talk, Facebook, Viigo, browsers...
    Nothing. There is nothing i haven't seen that I should get an alert for.

I have tried to get rid of the icon by marking everything as opened, restarting the device, soft-resetting, pulling out the battery... Nothing at all... could anyone tell me what else could I try? I'm fresh out of ideas.
    05-28-08 02:02 PM
    Same thing on mine... tried everything. Finally set home screen icons to display all hoping to find something and it disappeared. Set the display all back to off and the icon stayed gone, so go figure!
    06-06-08 03:58 PM
    How do you set home screen icons to show all? My voicemail icon is stuck on also. Thanks
    11-28-08 08:29 AM
    The best way I know to get rid of the voicemail icon is to call yourself and leave a voicemail, then delete it. Battery pulls won't get rid of it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 10:39 AM
    Yeah try that or from a different phone. Then go in and delete it. Sometimes it takes a couple mins

11-28-08 10:49 AM
    Had the same problem (I'm with Bell though...). Login into your voice mail, go to settings (or whatever) turn off notification, then go back and turn it back on. That worked for me, might be the same for Verizon (or other carriers as well)
    11-29-08 07:15 PM
    I had the same problem. Verizon recommended calling my BB, leaving a voice mail message and then deleting it. Great success!
    12-02-08 10:30 AM
    Yeah, I had the same problem in trying to get rid of the voice mail icon so I called my BB and left a message,then delete it and the icon disappeared! Nice!
    01-22-09 11:57 AM
    Tried everything Ive come to the conclusion that os .247 is not for me. more dropped calls this voicemail icon wont go away lost blackberry maps miserable
    03-21-09 09:14 PM
    wierdd!!!ddd
    03-22-09 12:23 AM
    i had the problem..do a hard reset and it will fix the problem...make sure u have a BACKUP for all your files because the hard reset will reset all original functions..but it works..consult your service provider for details on how to do a hard reset
    03-22-09 12:39 AM
    OS .247? What do you mean?

03-22-09 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD