did a search, a few had the same issue, but no real solutions.

On my old KRAZR, there was an applet that had you repeat a bunch of letters and numbers so the voice recognition software would learn your voice and get to a point where it would be more accurate when dialing contacts by voice. I had about a 95% success rate.

Unfortunately, I don't see that applet in my 8830 WE. Is it hidden somewhere? I have about 100 contacts, and it gets them wrong about 98% of the time. This is just unacceptable in a phone that costs this much.

Anyone know of a solution?
    06-04-08 10:31 PM
    Use proper commands. The VR software in the BB is way more advanced then anything else that needs to be "trained". That's why there is no training feature. It will make some mistakes, especially with complex names, but you must also use proper commands for it to work right. Remember things such as if you have two people named Rob, you need to specify the last name as well for the phone to pick the right one.

Use commands like "Call Rob Smith Mobile" or "Call Rob Smith Work", etc.

If you use a command like "Call Tina" and you have 4 Tinas in the your Address book and each one has multiple numbers, the VR won't lock in to the right one. Give that a try and see if it improves your success rate.

Making your voice sound like a monotone robot also helps improve success rate as well.
    06-04-08 10:47 PM
    I actually do that- I got in that habit with my KRAZR. Maybe there is something wrong with my phone- I hate going to the Verizon store.....
    06-05-08 12:57 AM
    I think I found a solution of sorts. It's not perfect, but it's much better than it had been, which was completely useless. Under Options/Voice Dialing/Sensitivity I set it to 1, or more towards the "reject more" side, which is counter-intuitive for me. It seems to get my voice prompts right about 80% of the time now, so at least it is usable. I found the solution under the Help applet.
    06-05-08 09:52 AM
    I think I found a solution of sorts. It's not perfect, but it's much better than it had been, which was completely useless. Under Options/Voice Dialing/Sensitivity I set it to 1, or more towards the "reject more" side, which is counter-intuitive for me. It seems to get my voice prompts right about 80% of the time now, so at least it is usable. I found the solution under the Help applet.
    I'm sorry, I did not understand that. Please say a command....

J/K
    06-05-08 04:18 PM
    you need to get Vlingo, it works great. I have been testing it since like march and it dam good. it does more then voice deal, you can write emails, sms, sms search the web with your voice
    06-05-08 04:26 PM
    you need to get Vlingo, it works great. I have been testing it since like march and it dam good. it does more then voice deal, you can write emails, sms, sms search the web with your voice
    Wow, am I disappointed.....your post about Vlingo sounded so good, and I looked it up to get it......it says it doesn't support my carrier yet (Verizon) and out of like 8 it only seems to support ATT&T and Sprint.

It sounds like a great program, as I am sooooooooo dissapointed in the VAD on my Curve 8330....never gets what I say right!
    06-08-08 04:36 PM
    90% of the time it get it wrong. I install Vilngo but it is not support bluetooth handset. I'm driving motorbike and I can't press the button. any suggestion. BTW - with Nokia E71 the VD is working 98% of the time.
    10-23-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD