Hi
    I have just got a new laptop and trying to install OS 4.5 software [desktop manager etc] I have downloaded the exe file and ran it, so now I've got the app loader up which tells you to connect your device and then select the communication port or check the box to scan manually...well I can't do either. I have checked the drivers and they are all ok and the computer installed the drivers for my phone fine...help? Ok, maybe I'm not being too clever due to lack of sleep. That said, is anyone upgraded to desktop 4.6? Orange UK have it, I've not seen anyone mention it in the forums yet
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
    So I installed desktop 4.6, it wanted to run updates on my phone even though I had OS 4.5. Did that, but everytime I plug in my phone the updates come up with additioanl updates for core apps & basque language. When I ok that DM searches my device and then says no updates required. Had an initial problem with backup but a battery pull & computer restart fixed that.
    Last edited by kitcat72; 09-01-08 at 06:00 AM. Reason: link added
    09-01-08 03:10 AM
    I want to help but I am confused by your post. Are you trying to upgrade the OS on your BB? Or did you need help with something else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 02:31 AM
    I was trying to download DM to my new laptop but was having problems. Got the latest version of DM from Orange DM 4.6. They did not specify it was for the bold only, so I went with that version. Is anyone else using DM 4.6 that does not have a bold? When I connect my phone it searches for updates + comes back with 2, Core Apps and Basque language. So when I ok that, the DM goes through the motions and then states no updates required.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 05:39 AM
    Oh I think I understand now. I've not used DM 4.6. i have 4.5. You can use any version newer than the version that came with your BB as they add new features to DM. However unless you were trying to install software to your BB I don't think you have anything to worry about here. DM by itself doesn't come with anything to be installed to your BB. As I understand 4.6 is kind of buggy with some BB models so the prompt indicating updates for your BB followed by the message no updates required is I'm 99.9% sure is a bug. When I plug my 8330 in to do stuff using DM 4.5 it always searches to see if there are updates for the software on my BB it never indicates a list of updates unless there are really updates. However after it searches for updates I'm pretty sure a quick flash of no updates available comes on the screen before it shows the task screen of DM. Does it show do what you describe each time you use DM? If so you can try DM 4.5 unless you need the new itunes feature in 4.6.
    09-02-08 08:46 AM
    I like the itune feature, so I may have to live with it...its not that much hassle just wondered if anyone else had the same experience. Thanks
    09-02-08 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD