Is there a file manager type thing on this phone? The only way I can see files I've downloaded is if I go to attach something to a message. How do you view all files and folders on the device, and my media card? Any kind of explorer or file manager?

Searched and nothing, help please.
    08-06-07 08:53 AM
    Go to media / menu / explore!
    08-06-07 12:30 PM
    What types of files can I open through the Blackberry device's media explorer? When I receive e-mail attachments I can view Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, etc. I have a PDF on my media card right now and I could not view it through the media explorer. Any tips?
    01-20-08 03:05 PM
    What types of files can I open through the Blackberry device's media explorer? When I receive e-mail attachments I can view Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, etc. I have a PDF on my media card right now and I could not view it through the media explorer. Any tips?
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm having exactly the same problem. I have a PDF which I downloaded to my external memory card and I am unable to open it. Any help would begreatly appreciated.
    TIA
    11-07-08 04:38 AM
    If you make a USB connection with Desktop Manager then you can view your media card through Windows Explorer and do anything you can do with any other folder or file.
    11-07-08 09:59 AM
    It's not cool that you can't just easily view files on your media card. RIM needs to come up with a better way of doing this!
    This is one way you can do it (for viewing images):
    1. Compose an email
    2. Go to 'Attach file'
    3. Go to 'Media Card'
    4. Search and add the file you want to view.
    5. Then 'View your attachment'.

OR

1. Go to 'Media'
    2. Go to 'Menu' on any of the icons
    3. Choose 'Explore'
    4. Choose 'Media Card' and search for the file you want to view
    *Only works for viewing images!

AND

For Excel, Word and PDF documents, emailing it to myself is the quickest. And send yourself a few files to save time.

Good luck!
    03-22-09 02:14 PM
    It's not cool that you can't just easily view files on your media card. RIM needs to come up with a better way of doing this!
    This is one way you can do it (for viewing images):
    1. Compose an email
    2. Go to 'Attach file'
    3. Go to 'Media Card'
    4. Search and add the file you want to view.
    5. Then 'View your attachment'.

OR

1. Go to 'Media'
    2. Go to 'Menu' on any of the icons
    3. Choose 'Explore'
    4. Choose 'Media Card' and search for the file you want to view
    *Only works for viewing images!

AND

For Excel, Word and PDF documents, emailing it to myself is the quickest. And send yourself a few files to save time.

Good luck!
    Excellent steps. If you are on a 4.5 OS you should also have Documents to Go. This will work for Word and Excel files, once you run the update for Docs to Go.
    03-23-09 10:05 AM
    thanks this helped
    08-10-09 12:09 PM
    Perfect, found my folders and files, thank you.
    07-06-11 07:25 PM
    im using the theme psb, it is the theme that resembles the ps3 hock dock. when i go to media and hit blackberry button it does not give me the option to explore. How else can i view files and hidden pictures?
    07-24-11 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD