I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered in one way or another in other threads. I really need the information all in one place in order to fully understand it.

I've had my BB for 7 mos. now, and still haven't tapped into all that it can do. I would like to know about videos.

- Do I need a 3rd party app to play videos of any kind, or does the stock media player handle that?
    - What, in general, do I need to download videos?
    - I realize that Verizon, King of Disabling, has also disabled the ability to receive video messages. By going to the VZW pix website, I assume that a video message would end up there, but can I even open that on the BB without a 3rd party app?
    - I also realize that we can't just open YouTube videos. What is the secret to being able to view them on the BB?

Thanks in advance.... it just seems that the more I know about the BB, the more I find out that I DON'T know!
    02-18-08 08:50 AM
    Anybody???
    02-18-08 06:07 PM
    I need help too,please.I have no clue in this area.I appreciate any help anyone can give.
    02-18-08 07:11 PM
    Anybody???
    somewhere on this site there is a very straight-forward "how to" on video and the 8830.

but, since i can't find it right now, you can read this thread that walks you thru the steps to get video onto your 8830:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/get...et-fail-16352/

hope it works for ya!

You also asked about:
    - Do I need a 3rd party app to play videos of any kind, or does the stock media player handle that?
    Stock media player is all I know about.
    - What, in general, do I need to download videos?
    Read the post linked above
    - I realize that Verizon, King of Disabling, has also disabled the ability to receive video messages. By going to the VZW pix website, I assume that a video message would end up there, but can I even open that on the BB without a 3rd party app?
    No streaming video capability on 8830
    - I also realize that we can't just open YouTube videos. What is the secret to being able to view them on the BB?
    No secret, you just can't view them b/c the BB OS doesn't like Flash, which is what YouTube uses to stream/play the videos. There are some websites that claim to convert YouTube to a downloadable file, but I have not used them.

hope this helps you resolve the "Video Mystery"
    02-20-08 03:15 PM
    hello therei have a question on this i have the 8130 pearl i tried transferring the videos from that website unto my kingston media card and i get the error media not supported when i try to play the video is this becuz i have 4.3? or what else could cause that error tyvm!!
    02-20-08 04:09 PM
    hello therei have a question on this i have the 8130 pearl i tried transferring the videos from that website unto my kingston media card and i get the error media not supported when i try to play the video is this becuz i have 4.3? or what else could cause that error tyvm!!
    try getting videos from videos4blackberry.info. they have new tv shows already converted and it's free. i have the pearl and was able to watch some from there today. transferred to my pearl, no problem. download the video to your pc, then transfer via the roxio media manager that came w/ the phone.

you can also watch videos at m.youtube.com, youtube's mobile site. good luck!
    Last edited by dacur; 02-20-08 at 07:02 PM.
    02-20-08 06:09 PM
    ok i figured out what the prblem was i had downloaded the videos thru my aol browser and they werent working so i redownloaded thru internet explorer and that did the trick problem solved yahooooo lol tyvm dacur for your response
    02-21-08 08:10 AM
    Here's another helpful post:
    Lecture 10: Getting Started with Videos on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    02-21-08 08:36 AM
    ok i figured out what the prblem was i had downloaded the videos thru my aol browser and they werent working so i redownloaded thru internet explorer and that did the trick problem solved yahooooo lol tyvm dacur for your response
    glad you got it resolved
    02-21-08 08:57 AM
    stream from blueapple.mobi
    02-21-08 09:12 AM
    I just tried to get some videos that I like from YouTube to the device with Mobiola Studio. Resulting video has excellent quality. Very simple interface of file transfer/conversion.
    02-21-08 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD