"We Never Stop Working For You" - BULL ****!

Verizonwireless are nickling and diming their customers to HELL! They are the DEVIL of carriers! We may not know what hell looks like, but to me their BLACK and RED colors sure does resemble it!

Complaint #1- GPS! Per the blackberry8830 website, "Use it with a mapping application like BlackBerry� Maps and you can view your current location..."

Verizon Data Rep: It will ONLYwork with the paid service "vwz nav." WTF!?! WHY the hell should I have to pay for a service (ANOTHER $10 a month) for a feature that is by DEFAULT in the phone? He did not have an answer.

Complaint #2- I had a Moto Q w/ text messaging plan with MMS (500 plus unlimited IN) for 9.99. I currently own the Blackberry 8830 and per the blackberry's website (blackberry8830.com), MMS is supported.

HMMM, I tried sending a picture off my SD card to my a friend and lOOOW and behold, I CANNOT! WTF!?! Why am I still paying 9.99 extra a month w/o the ability to send PICTURE MESSAGES?

Verizon data rep: "You have the best available text messaging plan available to you on the pda plan." - hmm what are you smoking on??

The rep goes rambles on about the "crippling" of bluetooth support (I did not say anything to provoke him); "You cannot transfer music to other phones via bluetooth because of copyright issues." I told him that I was able to transfer music that my friend made off my 8830 to another phone via bluetooth. - Bluetooth may be crippled on other VWZ phones, but not this one!

An ex classmate of my college works for Verizonwireless and he says they do not see Sprint and T-mobile as competition. The only competitor that they have is: AT&T.

What is Verizonwireless saying about the next generation of connectivity in response to Sprint's future with WIMAX? I think I read somewhere that "Rev. A" is fast enough, why do consumers need anything faster? *Please let me know if there are any updates on this*

- hmm I think because consumers have the insatiable need for the latest, greatest and speediest network/phones available! Verizonwireless may have the most reliable/speediest network now, but all the other phone companies are catching up!

History tends to repeat itself if your not careful. I think Verizonwireless needs to take a history lesson *AHEM* BIG BLUE (IBM)!

I will be canceling my plan with verizonwireless within the next couple of weeks. I live southern california and do travel within the US quite a bit. I also make travel arrangement to China and Europe at least once a year. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys!

Sody
    06-11-07 10:06 PM
    I think you're preaching to the choir here! Am sure 100 & 1 members will agree, Verizon are a pain. Nonetheless, I feel your pain...

Back in 1999, I was with Verizon, it last 3 months! They never got my bill right, once. I had to move on, no love lost...
    06-12-07 11:23 AM
    Navilyn, do you think my posting is valid? I was really pissed off when I wrote that, so some things may not make sense.

I know you've been preaching T-mobile to everyone here in the forums. How's T-mobile internet services? I am sure they are not on par with Verizonwireless, but I am sure they have WIMAX in their future (unlike VWZ who's touting that EVDO Rev. A is fast enough).

Thanks for your input Nav!
    06-14-07 03:15 AM
    I have been with Verizon since 1999 and what you are saying is correct.

BUT, you get what you pay for!

In Los Angeles, Verizon has been the BEST SERVICE. Nobody even compares. Sure I can go with T-Mobile for more "whenever" minutes, but I am happy to pay my money to verizon for the service and support I get.

My bill might not be right every month, but they take care of it when I point it out and help out any way possible. Their hold times for CS are excellent compared to Sprint also.
    06-14-07 03:01 PM
    Yeah, the network is good, but the phone "crippling" needs to stop. File an FTC complaint about the GPS thing. They get enough and things will change.
    06-14-07 09:48 PM
    Thanks for your input guys! I've just filed a FTC complaint!

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01
    06-14-07 10:57 PM
    [QUOTE=kermalou;12703]BUT, you get what you pay for!

No question, it's love/hate with Verizon. I'm in L.A., too, and have been on other networks in the past. Verizon has by far the best coverage, not only here but everywhere I travel. I can't remember the last time I had a spontaneous dropped call.

And ditto on their customer service. Since my first call about getting this BlackBerry, I've never waited more than 3 rings to talk to a real, knowledgeable, helpful CSR at VZW. (Even sent them a letter to that effect.)

As for device pricing, after all the rebates and discounts they offered over the phone, I ended up with a new BB 8830 for a total of $99 all-in. Can't beat that.

HOWEVER, their air-time pricing plans, restrictions on features, virtually useless email picture services, billing errors, and other issues are really, really irritating.

Can't live with 'em -- can't live without 'em.
    06-17-07 02:10 PM
    No matter what, you aren't going to love everything about your wireless carrier.

I like Verizon because of their service, their coverage and their customer service.

However, their policies do leave much to be desired and they can be very expensive.

I have been with Verizon for 6 years now and I figure that I may as well stay.

I tried Sprint and they let my number get hacked.

I tried TMobile and hardly ever had service along with their signals constantly being down.

So I just chew the meat and spit out the bones while trying to keep as much money in my pocket as possible.

I will say that I am happy that I was able to take advantage of one of their new plans that offers unlimited text, picture and video messaging to ANYONE on any network.

One less gripe......
    06-17-07 04:43 PM
    I would have agreed with you until 2 weeks ago. I was DYING to leave VZW and happily signed up with ATT to get the Curve. I have had the Curve for 2 weeks now and I have about 5 dropped calls a day!!!

I have never had any dropped calls with VZW. I travel lots too, between San Diego, OC and LA. I CANNOT STAND the ATT coverage and I am going to send back the Curve and suck it up until VZW gets it. I just can't have a phone that doesn't work like a phone! No matter what the price.

UGH. I say, take a deep breath and hang in there for the coverage, unless you really don't use the phone that much to make calls. Othewise, you will be sorry.

Katherine
    06-17-07 05:03 PM
    Verizon has the best coverage in North America. My company supplies my Blackberry and our senior telecommunication analyst is fielding nothing but 8830's because of the great NA coverage combined with the international capability. I think that Verizon configures their Blackberry products with the enterprise user in mind. Most businesses will not even blink when asked to pay an additional $10 per month for GPS. Personally, I have a Garmin if I want GPS.

I am very happy with Verizon and my 8830. This is my third Blackberry with Verizon.
    06-17-07 05:28 PM
    I have about 5 dropped calls a day!!!

I have never had any dropped calls with VZW.
    totally agree, one of the main reasons i left Cingular was those damn commercials and how they boast "Fewest Dropped Calls"... complete and total B.S.!

i'd have a few dropped calls every week, so far 30 days into my new contract with Verizon i haven't had a single dropped call

although i am going to burn down VZ's headquarters if they don't re-enable my phone's features!

6 / half a dozen
    06-19-07 01:25 PM
    Verizon has the best coverage in North America. My company supplies my Blackberry and our senior telecommunication analyst is fielding nothing but 8830's because of the great NA coverage combined with the international capability. I think that Verizon configures their Blackberry products with the enterprise user in mind. Most businesses will not even blink when asked to pay an additional $10 per month for GPS. Personally, I have a Garmin if I want GPS.

I am very happy with Verizon and my 8830. This is my third Blackberry with Verizon.

Amen. I have sold every American cellular phone service available, and Verizon is the clear winner in the coverage category.
    06-19-07 02:29 PM
    I would have agreed with you until 2 weeks ago. I was DYING to leave VZW and happily signed up with ATT to get the Curve. I have had the Curve for 2 weeks now and I have about 5 dropped calls a day!!!

I have never had any dropped calls with VZW. I travel lots too, between San Diego, OC and LA. I CANNOT STAND the ATT coverage and I am going to send back the Curve and suck it up until VZW gets it. I just can't have a phone that doesn't work like a phone! No matter what the price.

UGH. I say, take a deep breath and hang in there for the coverage, unless you really don't use the phone that much to make calls. Othewise, you will be sorry.

Katherine
    Katherine

I take it you ordered your phone from AT&T , did you call them or go to a store before sending the 1 phone back? You could have had a bad phone, I know of 2 people that live out where you travel and they have the curve bought it from the AT&T store and have nothing bad to say about it at all. I have talked to one of them and there's no tin sound or echo , data is just fine.

You had it for 2 weeks and make no mention of talking to support or getting a second phone from AT&T but criticize there network. I know here in NY the network is solid, there data speeds are great too.

Jarhead
    06-30-07 07:46 AM
    I have had Verizon for almost 4 years. My 20 month old phone's battery is bad -- apparently a notorious problem with this model -- so I thought I would get a Blackberry and switch to ATT but the cost of getting out of the last months of the Verizon contract was ridiculous, so right now I have Verizon and ATT. But I am finding the Blackberry pretty useless because internet access is so slow; and it is not easy to use as a phone because the keys are not obvious. So I'm still using the Verizon phone for most calls, and wondering if I should send back the Blackberry Curve. Yes, it will work in Europe, where I go on business 4 times a year, but if internet access is always so slow I would be better off with a phone alone and one that is simpler than this. At present I have a French cell phone which I recharge each time I arrive, and it costs less than ATT calls would cost to or from Europe. I'm not sure that you would find ATT much friendlier than Verizon, and the Sprint and T-Mobile networks are too patchy for anywhere other than urban areas. European and Asian mobile telephony is years ahead of us.
    06-30-07 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD