So umm, Verizon has a new update on their website. Didn't see anyone with a thread on this yet, so thought I'd put it out there. You have to distinguish if you're a personal or enterprise user, so it looks like it is mostly for the internet stuff. Anyone know what all this update does?? Anyone who doesnt know the site to get it is BlackBerry® Software Updates

I'm downloading it as I speak, so I'll let you guys know what I find from it. **Crosses fingers for louder rings**
    11-26-07 07:18 PM
    It's the same update that was posted here http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/883...9-2007-a-9113/

You got my hopes up for a second!
    11-26-07 07:41 PM
    I get my hopes up everytime see the word UPDATE in a post title.

I got all excited for nothing again...
    11-26-07 09:07 PM
    There are no differences between the Personal and Corporate downloads. It's the same thing, just legal mumbo jumbo to safeguard Verizon.
    11-27-07 02:07 PM
    My company supplies me with my 8830, so I'm on BES. Is there any reason to ask IT to install this update for me? If I install it myself, will I mess up the BES settings, or do they transfer to the new update?
    11-27-07 02:31 PM
    There is not any big difference with this update so I would say no. It will clear your BES setting unless you do it correctly.
    11-27-07 02:35 PM
    My company supplies me with my 8830, so I'm on BES. Is there any reason to ask IT to install this update for me? If I install it myself, will I mess up the BES settings, or do they transfer to the new update?
    Install the update from a computer that is connected to your company network and leave the phone connected to the computer until it activates on the BES. Make sure you check the box to back up and reinstall your settings during the upgrade process. Be patient at the end of the upgrade process and don't unplug your phone from the computer, it may take 10-15 minutes after the update for it to finish reconnecting to your BES.

If you install the update while not connected to your corporate network you will have to get with your company IT guys to reactivate your BB on the BES, which is not really a big deal.
    11-27-07 06:33 PM
    Thanks Sniperet. Mxkied thinks the update is not worth it for BES phones. What do you think?
    11-28-07 09:09 AM
    I have noticed a slight increase in speed of the operating system but nothing dramatic. More significantly I seem to have a little more free memory available although that may be a result just getting rid of odds and ends due to having a clean OS install.

Personally I just like to have the most recent software installed as I noted in some other post, this update was not limited to VZW and was actually released to TELUS first so there must be something other than VZNav that RIM was fixing.
    11-28-07 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD